Hello!

What I must change in carriers data.ini file that carrier can be destroyed???

Well... serious problem...

AFAIK, you can't destroy "landable" carriers.

BTW, has anyone tried creating an airbase, placing it onto water, giving it one airfield with the shape of a carrier and registering stuff on deck and several ships aroud it as base buildings?

AFAIK, you can't destroy "landable" carriers.

BTW, has anyone tried creating an airbase, placing it onto water, giving it one airfield with the shape of a carrier and registering stuff on deck and several ships aroud it as base buildings?

I saw on Youtube a movie with sinking hermes: http://video.google.pl/videosearch?q=Wings...mp;sitesearch=# - so it is possible...I ask how?

I saw on Youtube a movie with sinking hermes: http://video.google.pl/videosearch?q=Wings...mp;sitesearch=# - so it is possible...I ask how?

you put a hand grenade under the computer desk and.............

:wink:

I did manage to get a carrier to sink once. But only after an inordinate amount of ordanance.

The problem, if I recall from TK's explanation, is that to make it landable for aircraft you can't sink it. So if you do make it destroyable (actually easy but I don't recall which parameter it is) you can't use it for carrier ops and land on it.

obviously a non-starter for me.......

You'd need to create a copy of the CV, set as a regular WARSHIP in your GroundObjects folder (ie: an new folder). In the data ini, you'd remove all the references to the flight deck, cables, etc. Leaving the radars and weapons, engines, etc. intact. You could even set it as Cargo_Ship, and it might show up in anti-shipping missions.

In the main ini, say we're using the Coral Sea, you'd need to do some renmaing...in the main ini:

[GroundObjectData]

ObjectFullName=CV-43 USS Coral Sea (NL)

ObjectDataFile=CV-43NL_DATA.INI

NL for "Not Landable"

Rename the data ini to match as above, after remving the flight deck

You'd rename the folder "CV-43_NL", the main ini to "CV-43_NL". Since your modificated data ini residies in the NL folder, it won't interfere with the working Coral Sea.

A Similiar method could be use, if you wanted them parked in port. Transfer the lods, bmps, etc, into the terrain folder, then add an entry for it in types ini (see my Libya Upgrade that was recently released for examples). This makes them 'terrain objects', just like any other building.

I personally haven't tried this, but it seems no different that creating a nation-specific aircraft. We're just making a 'usage specific' boat

WRench

kevin stein

You'd need to create a copy of the CV, set as a regular WARSHIP in your GroundObjects folder (ie: an new folder). In the data ini, you'd remove all the references to the flight deck, cables, etc. Leaving the radars and weapons, engines, etc. intact. You could even set it as Cargo_Ship, and it might show up in anti-shipping missions.

In the main ini, say we're using the Coral Sea, you'd need to do some renmaing...in the main ini:

[GroundObjectData]

ObjectFullName=CV-43 USS Coral Sea (NL)

ObjectDataFile=CV-43NL_DATA.INI

NL for "Not Landable"

Rename the data ini to match as above, after remving the flight deck

You'd rename the folder "CV-43_NL", the main ini to "CV-43_NL". Since your modificated data ini residies in the NL folder, it won't interfere with the working Coral Sea.

A Similiar method could be use, if you wanted them parked in port. Transfer the lods, bmps, etc, into the terrain folder, then add an entry for it in types ini (see my Libya Upgrade that was recently released for examples). This makes them 'terrain objects', just like any other building.

I personally haven't tried this, but it seems no different that creating a nation-specific aircraft. We're just making a 'usage specific' boat

WRench

kevin stein

that's a pretty good idea, actually.

someone could do that and build anti-carrier missions for example.

I'll take a hack at that and see how it works over the next week.

of course, making a carrier that isn't unsinkable does seem somewhat sacriligious.......

carriers=top of food chain... they must be sinkable, just like the powerful must be able to be overthrown :yes:

IIRC, TK said that in early testing, if a player hit the deck especially hard, the carrier would sink, hence the unsinkable carriers.

In editing the _data.ini, you might also want to add some armor, or else you'll be able to sink it simply by strafing. :blink:

Edited by jtin

carriers=top of food chain... they must be sinkable, just like the powerful must be able to be overthrown :yes:

IIRC, TK said that in early testing, if a player hit the deck especially hard, the carrier would sink, hence the unsinkable carriers.

In editing the _data.ini, you might also want to add some armor, or else you'll be able to sink it simply by strafing. :blink:

HA!!

good point.....

Only an idea. Perhaps it will work

1.)Open carrier data ini

2.)look for

StructuralFactor=10000.0

3.)change it into

StructuralFactor=2000.0

I remowe all catapult ,deck and lines and here is :diablo: FIRST BLOOD :diablo:

post-20260-1212672003_thumb.jpg

To do this I needed two AS-4 kitchen missiles ( with nuclear warheads -200kT) but I work to do it less "hard target"

Thanks Guys!!!

StructuralFactor=2000.0 is to big

I tried

StructuralFactor=100.0

with a standard carrier without removing anything and was able to sink it with 4 Mk.84 bombs.

StructuralFactor=2000.0 is to big

I tried

StructuralFactor=100.0

with a standard carrier without removing anything and was able to sink it with 4 Mk.84 bombs.

ah!

can you still launch and recover aircraft?

ah!

can you still launch and recover aircraft?

I don't know -must check this but I don't think that is possible without "deck" :haha:

StructuralFactor=100.0 Why so less -most ships like Kynda or Type 42 has 1000?

And what about this two lines? What they mean?

[Hull]

MaxExtentPosition= 28.98, 181.63,19.58

MinExtentPosition=-28.98,-120.50,-3.98

Edited by CIACHO