Sign in to follow this  
malibu43

Need help with my Israel 2 Campaign

I'm trying to make a basic campaign set in 2005 using the Israel 2 terrain. I started with the 1973 campaign out of the middle east wars pack, and for the most part just changed out the "friendly" aircraft for more modern counterparts. I also had to rename some of the air bases.

Anyway, I got all the aircraft to work and the campaign to start, but the campaign always ends after the first mission, no matter what type of mission or the outcome (I blieve the actual message is "The enemy has been capitulated! The campaign is finished..."). I had a similar problem the other day with a Vietnam campaign I'm working on, and I found that lower the mission rate and/or increasing the length of the campaign fixed that issue. However, I tried that here and it did not help. I also increased the moral and supplly of the enemy nations, to give them a little boost, but that didn't help either.

So, if any of the campaign gurus would like to help me sort this one out, I would really appreciate it. Here are the files:

Isreal95.txt

Isreal95_DATA.txt

If you want to try flying in it, you'll need either the F-22A, F-22A_B20, F-15E, F-16D_Blk40, FA-18C, and/or the AV-8B+. The FA-18 and Harrier won't work unless you have carrier stations in your Israel terrain (and the Tarawa for the Harriers). I'm using Israel 2 v 2.1 in a WOV/WOE merged install.

Also I should point out that this originally started as a 90's campaign (hence the Israel95 naming), so the aircraft listed in the squadron selection screen are 80's/90's aircraft, and not what's actually going to be used. The correct aircraft are what's listed in the data.ini.

So, if anyone has any suggestions on how to make the campaign last more than one mission, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Ok ist things first- no more than two forces.

then, base areas must be connected.

I dont mean to discourage you but theres a lot to be done, but thats the fun part right. Refer to a few of my earlier threads in the same section, Mirror deployment I think. Baltika was kind enough to shed light on a lot of my queries, and Im sure you will find many answers there as I did.

Good luck

Ok ist things first- no more than two forces.

then, base areas must be connected.

I dont mean to discourage you but theres a lot to be done, but thats the fun part right. Refer to a few of my earlier threads in the same section, Mirror deployment I think. Baltika was kind enough to shed light on a lot of my queries, and Im sure you will find many answers there as I did.

Good luck

What exactly do you mean by base areas must be connected? By nodes?

I had hoped there wouldn't be a lot to do, since it was already a released campaign that I was modifying. Oh well, I'll set what I can get done...

Malibu:

You can have more than 2 forces as long as you have Friendly and Enemy.

I noticed in your campaign data.ini file that you do not have NormalSupplyRate=?.

You will never get enough supply to start an offensive without it.

You have to calculate enough supply or resupply for the Friendly forces to sustain an offensive for the entire campaign. Also for the Enemy.

You also have to have enough supply for each force to start and sustain the campaign. (Supply=?,can be more than 100)

I usually give the enemy a little more advantage at the start. Then give each side enough supply for the entire campaign and you usually duke it out until the end.

Malibu:

You can have more than 2 forces as long as you have Friendly and Enemy.

I noticed in your campaign data.ini file that you do not have NormalSupplyRate=?.

You will never get enough supply to start an offensive without it.

You have to calculate enough supply or resupply for the Friendly forces to sustain an offensive for the entire campaign. Also for the Enemy.

You also have to have enough supply for each force to start and sustain the campaign. (Supply=?,can be more than 100)

I usually give the enemy a little more advantage at the start. Then give each side enough supply for the entire campaign and you usually duke it out until the end.

Thanks!

If you have more than two enemies, then when one base area is captured wont the campaign come to an end, or do both enemy base areas have to be captured?

Sorry malibu, I was just passing what I was told and believed to be gospel.

I've only come across more than one enemy,and that was using Johan's Mideast wars campaigns.

I don't have WOI yet,so I don't know what TK did in that sim.

I did some heavy research into Israel's wars and I adjusted the time frames in Johan's campaigns to what actually happened in history.

In my campaigns,you can only lose about 2 missions out of 20 and win the campaign.

I try not to refly a mission,but the dumba** AI wingmen sometimes set you up to get creamed.

I know that Israel usually had to fight on at least 2 fronts at the same time. The Sinai and the Golan Heights/Lebanon.

In my campaigns,When the Sinai is taken the war usually ends.

I had a computer problem a couple of weeks ago and had to format my harddrive,so I'm in the process of rebuilding my Israel campaigns right now. I had almost everything backed up so it won't take as long.