The plans of mice and men.. just got over the shame reflex and thought to admit defeat, real life got very much in the way of all gaming for me in Jan, gf needed help with a massive project of her own so I didn't even come online for almost 3 months then just when I came back to using the laptop for fun my gaming was once again ruined by a particularly nasty virus, one so resilient to all forms of cleaning, fixing, repairing that it kept me awake for 48 hours solid in the end before I just couldn't take it any more!!!!!!!! :blowup: trying the "shake wildly and hit across the desk while screaming ala Basil Fawlty" method cost me £140 for a new screen and still had to restore Windows as all fixes for those three viruses wouldn't work. Anyway.. so a few days ago with my gf's workload easing off a bit, I thought to restart my Thirdwire hobby from scratch. So far i have reinstalled sfp1, wov, woe, fully patched all to latest versions, bought, installed and patched up woi; but now comes the hard part of deciding what is really most necessary to have for each install, the last setup I had was an organic growth over about 3 years and gynormous but pleasing and am missing all those little things which I forgot how or when they came to be... nevermind I spose this is a great time to get back to the process of learning to make a terrain/campaign at long last and to read up on all the developments since Xmas!

After flirting with potential disaster for many years, I finally broke down and spent $100.00 US on a nice, 500 GB Western Digital external HDD. I backed up almost 11 year's worth of valuable data, amongst which, were all my Thirdwire installs and their related files.

Well should be fun starting from scratch - wouldnt go to far with WOE/WOV because new patches are out soon apparently to bring them up to WOI level and you may be starting from scratch again shortly :close_tema:

My WOE install has so many man hours of mods in it that I back up the entire game now every now and then.