Sign in to follow this  

I´ve got sfp1, and i would like a lot to be able to fly some aircraft made for WoI (as many sfp1 users, i guess)

with EF2000 it was enough with some ini changes, so:

How to fly RF-4E (Mirage Factory) without the feeling that it´s a power point?

I mean, its very slow, perhaps something about the graphic card, how could i solve it?

Do you mean FPS or plane speed?

Did not tried it in my SFP1/WOE. But when I have FPS troubles with some concrete aircraft and another works good, I usually try delete shadow from aircraft.ini (Mystere IV for example) and FPS is OK than.

Edited by kukulino

The WoI RF-4E by The Mirage Factory uses CastShadows, wich are generated by the 3d model itself. This function isn´t supported by SFP1 so far.

So it doesn´t change anything if you delete the shadow entry, as simply there is no shadow at all. :wink:

What you can do is open the skin bitmaps and resize them to the half. The skins are 2048*2048, wich need lots of graphics and cpu power. Scaling down to 1024*1024 with a program like photoshop, means you will loose detail, but get a big plus on the FPS.

Oki, donno this. Thank you for correcting Amokfloo :biggrin:

With older aircrafts (mean released before WOI) is shadow deleting usefull (if low FPS is spotted). You helped me with the same trouble but with diffrent aircraft. I am using shadow eliminating often than. But macelenas question was about MF RF-4. I miss :yes:

Have better knowledge now :wink:

Thanx again :good:

Edited by kukulino

Oki, donno this. Thank you for correcting Amokfloo :biggrin:

With older aircrafts (mean released before WOI) is shadow deleting usefull (if low FPS is spotted). You helped me with the same trouble but with diffrent aircraft. I am using shadow eliminating often. But macelenas question was about MF RF-4. I miss :yes:

Have better knowledge now :wink:

Thanx again :good:

You allready wrote before, that you haven´t tried the Recce Rhino, so you couldn´t know that. :wink:

It was less a correction, more then an addition. :biggrin:

But of course you are true. Aircraft with seperate shadow models can kill FPS on older systems and there it is very helpfull to delete the shadow entry. :ok:

Thanks everybody

if FPS means Frames Per Second, yes, thats what i mean

its just like playing chess by mail

I thought that resizing the bit maps, as Amokfloo said, could be useful, but, would it affect decals?

i already used some from an f-4c, (don´task me how it worked, but some did)

About the EF2000, what worked was just changing the cockpit (so heavy) for that of the f-23, and quiting some animations

(the canopy opened mid-air, the fueling probe, etc) apart of what craigbrierly said, and went perfect

Thanx again everyone

I thought that resizing the bit maps, as Amokfloo said, could be useful, but, would it affect decals?

Changing the skin bitmaps won´t affect decals at all as their position and size is set in the Decals.ini file.