Sign in to follow this  
Psychobabble

How does LOMAC A10 compare to SP3 A10?

Sorry if this has been brought up before but I was wondering if someone who has flown the A10 in LOMAC can tell me how the flight model compares to the A10 in SP3 version of Falcon 4.0? I expect the LOMAC version is very good, of course. Just wanted to know how far off Falcon 4.0 SP3's flight model is in comparison. Also, if one of the real Hog drivers could comment on what they think of the A10 in SP3, that would be a bonus. Thanks in advance.

-Psychobabble

Falcon4 is the best F-16 out there but LOMAC will be the best A-10 anywhere! Falcon's A-10's FM is not up to par with LOMACs and a lot of the A-10 avionics in falcon are off the mark also.

I've flew some hours in the FalconSp3 Hog... but there's one thing I hate... everytime I entered the battlefield at treetop level some grunts with Kalasnikovs can shoot me out of the air... so long story short... the damage-model in Falcon4SP3 isn't accurate....

The things I like about the F4SP3 Hog>> the brilliant Aeyes Hog-pit (Supapit)... that pit look much better than the LoMac Hog-pit

2D cockpit in F4 supports working buttons, switches, MFD's etc....

and while u've got ur hand off of the joystick to move the mouse to click them, u get shot up ;)

like in A-10 Attack!/Cuba, that had moving switches etc, but i used the keyboard because it was faster :)

2D cockpit in F4 supports working buttons, switches, MFD's etc....

ervani, from what I'm read of the Falcon4 A-10 it's just and F-16 with a Hog pit. The CCIP mode uses the A2G radar in the "background" and you drop bombs just like you would in a Falcon which is not right. There is no duel-engine support, and It has LGB and laser pod capibilities which a few A-10s have in RL but are far from being the norm in today's A-10.

The damage model is a long way from simulating and A-10 and ground troops can bring down the Falcon Hog with AK-47 fire. This is just a few items I know of and don't mean to "slam" Falcon4 but just saying the A-10 in Falcon is not built from the ground-up to be an A-10... it's built on an F-16 sim.

Ha Dice, I agree (read my first reply on this topic) the only think I like about the Falcon4-Hog is the Aeyes cockpit that's what i try to say... and I prefere a good looking 2D cockpit above a 3D cockpit that look not that good...

I totaly agree with the things like Flightodel, damagemodel & avionics

the 3D will look better once u have it running on ur PC (its also clearer than the 2D), the only extra feature u get on the falcon 1 is the clickable interface..

Ha Dice, I agree (read my first reply on this topic) the only think I like about the Falcon4-Hog is the Aeyes cockpit that's what i try to say... and I prefere a good looking 2D cockpit above a 3D cockpit that look not that good...  

I totaly agree with the things like Flightodel, damagemodel & avionics

To tell the truth I like 2D pits also, I get lost sometime pannig around a 3D pit. :wink:

A-10 in LOMAC is going to blow away SP3's A-10.

Lots of complaints by hog drivers will be resolved with SP4, but without more exe modification we are stuck with what we have.

Aeyes has nice pits, haven't checked lately but the 2d pits are ALWAYS crisper than 3d (lot less strain on a system). Aeyes made a great new 3d pit for the f-16 (high res) that matches his 2d one.