Sign in to follow this  
Dante-JT

Is this WOI repackaged?

Sorry if this has been asked here before, but:

http://mtrsoft.com/index.php?option=com_co...8&Itemid=26

Game features:

10 Player flyable aircraft

Campaigns set in 1967 Six Day War, 1970 Attrition War, 1973 Yom Kippu War and the 1982 Lebanon War.

Random Mission Generator for maximum flexibility.

Fully Scalable Difficulty options.

3D Virtual Cockpit - 6DOF TrackIR Support

Accurate terrain of the Middle East, using satellite imagery and High res digital evaluation data.

System Requirements

Windows 98, 2000, XP, Vista

2Ghz CPU (Dual Core Recommended)

512 MB of RAM (1GB Recommended)

CD-ROM drive

800MB Free Hard Drive Space

DirectX 9.0 or higher

:dntknw:

If it's not coming from TW, I wouldn't trust it.

Interestering....

Without screenshots, it's kinda hard to tell. I'd sure like to see some!! That'll give a better idea as to what's being offered.

Wrench

kevin stein

i become courious to see what is the 10 flyable aircraft.....

Guest Vlamik

lol, I've never heard about this, but that cockpit looks kinda 'arcadish'

imagemso8.png

Source

Looks like Janes IAF.

The planes are looking spectacular in those screenshots (in that small size)

What caught my eye was the 6DOF Track IR support described in the features list - definetly something more suited for a proper flight sim rather than arcade fun game.

I'm very curious about this one, no matter if its arcade fun AceCombat game, or a proper flight sim like Janes IAF or WOI.

errr....

of those 5 "screenshots", the 3 pics in the upper line are all Photos of the real things,

lower line cockpit pic looks very much like from JAnes IAF, and the pit to the right of it... probably Janes IAF too...

Man for four images that they put seems to be good, but I if I you tell the truth prefer the work that making you. For that sincerely a game that ear is not to speak it and that overnight a title and 4 images put not I'm not believe very much until i see much and I have played a lot of simulators, but have taken to me also many disappointments with others.

An embrace and I encourage that haceis a great work. :ok:

of those 5 "screenshots", the 3 pics in the upper line are all Photos of the real things,

oh dear, if so, what a cheesy attempt to cash on historical scenarios...

Is Janes IAF sourcecode/intelectual property/etc on 'the wild' in such a manner?

Guest pfunkmusik

That cockpit sure looks a hell of a lot like Jane's IAF, don't it?

pfunk

I don't recognize that text at all. Anybody have any idea what language its supposed to be?

The only way it possibly could be legitimate is if it was an international version of IAF distributed and localized by someone else.

I don't recognize that text at all. Anybody have any idea what language its supposed to be?

Thai?

Remember Imagics iF-22. Came out way back in 1998(or even earlier). It was supposed to be this great and that good, but ran like a bitch. Well its now sold in India for Rs 99 by some local publisher, 'passing off' with pictures from other games. That cockpit is an example of such an infringement.

The age rating on this game is 3+. Go get your kicks people.

lol

you're right, stick, it's a rip-off

i just did a google image search for jane's iaf and this cockpit pic is taken from a review of iaf.

here is the link.

It looks like the folks promoting it also do Czech and Slovak translations for software, which is a good indicator of locale.

As to this cash in, how are they managing it, as their site, http://mtrsoft.com/ , does not have any purchase links.

The "more info" button for Combat over Israel yields this;

One page of generic info.

I did check their contact page, and shot them an email, so if they respond, I will post up their reply.

What I want to know is if it's a Janes IAF ripoff, why are the system reqs so high?

What I want to know is if it's a Janes IAF ripoff, why are the system reqs so high?

Just to make people think that it's a sim that has high quality graphics. Since this is a rip off from Jane's IAF, I don't hold anything that they say is true. It's all for marketing... and in the con world it's all about lying and B.S. (same might be true for legitame coporations, but in this sense, it's taken to the extreme with nothing guranteed except an empty walet). I even bet that they won't ship anything to you. Remember, these people are from overseas, not the U.S., where there are laws that are enforced to make sure that these things don't happen (not saying that other countrys don't take efforts to stop con acts from happening, but it is easier for the cons to operate outside of the U.S.) Take this from a cop.... I strongly suggest avoid doing business with these people.

I was actually worrying that by the system requirements, they actually were ripping off TK and simply used IAF screens. Even thailand should have laws against that.

Just as an update, I haven't heard a blessed thing from them, and I even whipped out my press credentials.

S&E gives sage advice...

same here. i sent them an email yesterday morning right before business hours in europe.

guess they're very busy ironing the last bugs out of their advanced fm or localising or somethin :huh:

but interestingly (or not) i found another site: www.mtrsoft.de in german

awww, how cute! they think they can keep up to WOI...

It's sure weird... all this time, nobody has bothered trying to rip off any TW sims as far as I know.

And "Combat Over Isreal"? Could they not come up with something more original, or at least less "rip-off" sounding?

awww, how cute! they think they can keep up to WOI...

It's sure weird... all this time, nobody has bothered trying to rip off any TW sims as far as I know.

And "Combat Over Isreal"? Could they not come up with something more original, or at least less "rip-off" sounding?

The European version of WOI is (will be) called "Combat Over Isreal" it would seem - thats why I put TKs quote above :good: