Sign in to follow this  
Oscar

Patch Comments..........

Overall, its well, ok.

One thing that's definitely broke is the NWS oon the Me-262's. Works fine on the P-39's. Only way to steer the 262 is with the brakes - which kills momentum. Also, takes about 35% power just to get the plane rolling from a standstill.

I'm sure there are other "issues"........

You steer the 262 by alternating the power on the engines, Power left engine turn right, power right engine turn left, thats how they really did it. Kind of a pain in the ass though.

Well, I'll just bet that wore the skins off a few wheels.

Given that the Me-262 was originally designed as a tail-dragger, why would the German Engineers and Designers go to all the trouble to convert the aircraft to a tricycle setup, and then not make it steerable???

Somethings not right with this....These engineers and designers were the very best at what they did. I'm sure they designed the gear with steering. I'm going to have to investigate this some more...........

Mind you, Im not even a civilian pilot much less a WW2 ME109 pilot. But Ive noticed that the ME109 is REAL slow in starting its takeoff roll. Once the rear wheel comes up, it starts to move a lot quicker which is logical. But it still seems a bit too slow. It doesnt seem so slow in the videos Ive seen. A couple things Im glad for is the ME109 doesnt seem to over-heat so much, and I love the dust effect on takeoff from land and the wake close to water.

I also noticed the Brewster rolls horribly easy now. :blink: I doubt thats authentic. Ive been working on a Campaign that includes the brewster so Ive flown it a LOT working on my scenarios. Now with the patch, its a whole new airplane that has a nasty, over-sensitive roll. Im gonna try to add more of a dead zone in my stick and turn up my FF and see if that helps.

Shoot, I can remember not too long ago that the 109 would lauch from the runway like a rocket - trust me, its alot better now. There are going to be some minor FM changes coming for the 109 in the "Final" 1.2 version that should correct any remaining issues. This "patch" is due sometime in the next few weks. I won't say its going to correct everything, but it will make some things better.

As for the Brewster - it was a wallowing pig in real life - and one of the main reasons why they were sold abroad to foreign air forces. We didn't want them; after all, we had the Curtis Hawk's, P-40's, the P-39's. You won't find too many USAAF units that actually flew the thing. It was however a design that later brought the Navy aircraft like the Wilcat and Dauntless, and other similar aircraft that had mid-wing and fuselage-retractable gear.