Sign in to follow this  
bigal1

Any helpful tips on uvw mapping

Hi all , well after having some computer issues recently i seem to have finally fixed it :) so now maybe i can get back to some good stuff . I'm still finding it tricky to uv map the models i'm working on and always end up skinning it using an easy method i've found although the results are not the best lol . So i was wondering if anyone out there has any good and helpful tips in this area , i've been through a lot of tutorials but still not cracked it yet .

Here are a few screenies of 2 things i would like to take further but both models will need the uv mapping sorted before i can progress .

Blackbird1.jpg

Blackbird2.jpg

Hokum1.jpg

Hokum2.jpg

WEEEEOW!!! Thats Blackbird is the hottest thing Ive laid my eyes on today bigal

Edited by Stick

oh Blackshark!!!!!

O.o

cant wait to taste this helo!!!!

i know you're asking for help, but both are awesome

Excellent thanks for the link , this is 1 tutorial i havnt done :)

Looking good but thin out the area near the 30mm by about half, and make it straight, the sides right near the cockpit on the lower fuselage do not slope in. That area is relatively boxy with rounded edges.

Looking good but thin out the area near the 30mm by about half, and make it straight, the sides right near the cockpit on the lower fuselage do not slope in. That area is relatively boxy with rounded edges.

Cheers for your input EricJ , will be looking into what you have suggested :)