Sign in to follow this  
Klavs81

Callsigns and speech text

Does anyone know where I can find the subtitles for speech and callsign strings?

I'm working with some of my ABM and Fighter buddies to re-record some dialogue, and I wanted to:

A. Try and make the text subtitles match the new speech.

B. Change some of the goofier callsigns into more modern ones, especially changing Red Crown to the more modern "Darkstar" or "Chalice"

I'm guessing this is hard coded, but if anybody has any ideas, otherwise, I guess I'm okay with the subtitles not matching.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

-A

Check the cat files in the Flight folder. You'll find at least "CALLSIGNSUS.LST" in the "MissionData.cat". I havn't looked in all of the CAT files so I'm not sure if there are linking files elsewhere.

In the folder ...\Strategy First\Strike Fighters\Speech, there is a file known as T1tacc001.wav. It says "Red Crown". I think you may create a recorded sound clip of whatever you want and save to this file name. Don't forget to back up the original file.

I have added a new Squadron to the SQUADRONLIST.INI file and I have plaste it in the C:\Users\_____\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Israel\Flight

but it's not showing in the game :blink:

any help please.

Thanks