Sign in to follow this  
salvatorestupido

How can I update an uploaded file ?

Hello, I've uploaded an RF-8 skin yesterday, the stuff was not as it should be and i tried to update it. Turned around there a long time but i only managed to upload my modified file as a new skin ... so I'm the awfully ashamed uploader of TWO almost similars skins ... HOW TO UPGRADE A FILE ?

Thanks.

Don't worry I fixed it for you.

Hello

Well, you've deleted the second file (the upgraded one) and I still don't know how to update the old one .... I suppose there should be an "update" command in the operations window, but there's none.

Well How about this. I will delete them all, and you upload your latest and greatest will that work? Only staff can upgrade file.

Wuh, I just wanted to know if it was possible to update a file, delete it all, I won't overextend myself anymore.

I shall take care of it for this afternoon. If you have any other problems please do not hesitate to send me a message so we can get you squared away.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;req=ucp_files

My Controls > "Download Manager" Manage Files is where the above link should take you.

Once there you can click on the file you want to edit. It should take you to the actual file page. Look on the lower right section of that page and you'll see options one of which is "edit file". This basically takes you back to the upload page and allows you to re-upload (read: update or change) the file, description, screen shot, etc.

This should be available to anyone, unless something changed. The delete files option which Dave is talking is no longer available but edit should still work.

Erik

That's all I wanted to know,it works , thanks.

I'm a foreigner and my english is quite poor,I don't really understand what "square away" means, is it something like "kick your ass till you're back to your mother's home " ? Oh my god!

Edited by salvatorestupido

That's all I wanted to know,it works , thanks.

I'm a foreigner and my english is quite poor,I don't really understand what "square away" means, is it something like "kick your ass till you're back to your mother's home " ? Oh my god!

LOL no squared away means that we will make sure you get the help you need.

Thx Erik for the assist.