Hi chaps!

I finally found WoV in a little store in France and immediatly bought it.

Well, my question is quite simple: is there any "must have" just like Nato Fighter for WoE? I've already got Brain's tiles and the Green hell thing. Any other ideas?

I have no doubt about YAP quality, but I don't want (for the moment) any payware, and I am not fond of scripted missions. :smile:

Any other suggestion for campaigns?

Thanks.

Edited by Emp_Palpatine

And, of course, rhugouvi's monumental Charlie's Aces.

I have no doubt about YAP quality, but I don't want (for the moment) any payware, and I am not fond of scripted missions. :smile:

Any other suggestion for campaigns?

Thanks.

For the moment lets forget about payware. "not fond of scripted missions"? Sorry , I dont understand that. YAP missions are real stories/missions told by the pilots/crew/etc that flew/witnessed them. So if that is scripted, then the single/campaign missions that come stock with WOV are the same. You lost me, far as WOV and your Q. Anything available for DL is scripted.

Campaigns may be somewhat scripted but I think there's an obvious difference between randomly generated single missions with different take off points, target areas, targets, enemy aircraft, etc and what YAP does. Isn't YAP telling stories? Never seen a story without a script. Wouldn't the introduction of random elements like changing bases and targets interfere with the history of the story and thus defeat the purpose of telling it like it really happened?

But you have to remember that YAP is 100% Historically correct and made to be. Its meant to put u through what some pilots went through as close as humanly possible in a computer game, if ur not into that or dont want to fly a 100% historic mission dont buy it, no one is twisting ur arm.

Congratulations on THE WOV. You will find the most amazing gems in this one that are not found anywhere else.

One WoV dynamic campaign is MK2's Aces of North Vietnam. rhugovi seems to have made a number of additions (Charlie's Aces) to MK2's campaign. Czech out the campaigns download section. I'd guess you start out with -17 and move up to -19 and some -21s, but I dunno (I'm slowly working my own SAC vs PVO campaign 1947-1967).

The gems you just mined are the F-105 cockpit -- the most beautiful in the series to me, and A-6 and A-7 cockpits which are among the most "useful" cockpits (to me).

Very useful ~> http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p...d=a&start=8

Campaigns may be somewhat scripted but I think there's an obvious difference between randomly generated single missions with different take off points, target areas, targets, enemy aircraft, etc and what YAP does. Isn't YAP telling stories? Never seen a story without a script. Wouldn't the introduction of random elements like changing bases and targets interfere with the history of the story and thus defeat the purpose of telling it like it really happened?

Ive been going through some of the 100 missions recently and they actually feel pretty random due to the variety of things to do - been doing a mix of B-26, AC-130, C-130, AC-47, UH-1, and CH-53, HH-53 missions which are totally different to anything really and provide a really good challenge.

In stock Randomly generated single missions you start at a different concrete airbase each time (no carrier ops) - the only randomness normally comes in the amount of Migs and SAMs that show up (the AAAs pretty constant) - oh and tanks if you add CAS missions - but been flying them for so long it was nice to have a change.

I do want thngs to be clear: I do not want to start a debate about YAP, Payware, etc...

I've been on their site and see much screenshots of their works, and it do seems incredibly good! Nevertheless, I won't buy it, because I haven't much money at the moment, and I'm afraid my interest/passion about VN isn't sufficient for such a work.

For the "scripted thing", I was speaking about dynamic vs scripted missions. I do like the randomness of TK series, because I don't like to have to start again and again the same thing.

Thanks for all your advices, gentlemen.

But you have to remember that YAP is 100% Historically correct and made to be. Its meant to put u through what some pilots went through as close as humanly possible in a computer game, if ur not into that or dont want to fly a 100% historic mission dont buy it, no one is twisting ur arm.

I'm not the one who is confused. I understand what YAP is. I knew what Emp_Palpatine was talking about when he said "scripted missions". I was merely trying to explain to eightlein the difference between a dynamically generated single mission like you have in the stock sim and how YAP is not the same. :rolleyes:

Rgr, I understand where ur coming from and I wasnt trying to sound like a prick, and I apologize if I did

No apology necessary Jarhead. If I came across a little curt it wasn't about anything you said. Your post actually helps explain the point I was trying to make. I don't understand all the "drama" anyway. I don't think Emp_Palpatine's comments were intended to be derogatory. It seems they were taken that way.

Yeah I agree, and I think I took them that way also instead of helping someone like I try to do, I just went and had a pissyfit, lol.