Sign in to follow this  
whiteknight06604

omellet experimentaion?

does anyone here ever experiment with "unconventional" ingredients in their omellets? I tend to make some wierd ones.I'm currently eating a chedar,falafel and tomato omellet topped off with Korean chilli sauce.I think the one I go back and make often is the buffalo chicken topped with blue chease or the potato and chease perogi stuffed omellet. :yes:

Whew I thought I was the only one. Yeah I do tend to find things in the frig or in the cupboards to see what kind of omelet I can make.

Throw in a century egg to finish them off :biggrin:

Have you tried one of the Spanish Omelettes? Some versions are like your conventional omelette, but there's one version that requires you to mash that sucker. Most spanish omelettes are usually comprised of egg, milk, potato (sliced), capsicum, onion but vary after that...

Beat four eggs while you have a finely chopped onion browning in butter, add garlic paste and tumeric pwder when the onions are brown; then add the eggs, salt and pepper to taste, and tomato finely chopped again, and garnish it with coriander leaf. Toast and butter, a tall glass of mango juice and Im ready to pounce on the day.

One word: beans.

My son-in-law joins peanut butter with omellets!!! He eats breakfast alone.....................

My son-in-law joins peanut butter with omellets!!! He eats breakfast alone.....................

I'm pretty sure I'm not that brave. :blink:

what ever left overs are in the fridge are fair game with omelets, just remember to toss on some tobasco, or some ms dash cajun spice. actually come to think of it, ive used almost every type of ms dash seasoning on eggs, they all just work so well.

I'm not surprised. :biggrin: j/k

Seriously though, baked beans are excellent with egg.

Edited by Longestpants

You haven't lived til you've had tuna and banana omlette.

Seriously.

Try it....superb !

You haven't lived til you've had tuna and banana omlette.

Seriously.

Try it....superb !

:blink: UHH I may try that but then again i'm not a fan of bananna.I'm just trying to think of a way to incorperate leftover suhi.Maybe some tempura veggies would go good though?

It's not quite as adventurous as some of the previously mentioned omlettes, but I enjoyed mixing in some onion and garlic jelly into mine.