Sign in to follow this  
Guest pfunkmusik

Beta Testers for Libyan Campaign Needed

Guest pfunkmusik

I will mailing out DVDs containing my first campaign to beta testers beginning Monday, June 9th.

Beta testers must have two outstanding qualities. First, they must be brutally honest and capable of rendering a useful critique. Second, you must be willing to risk your installation of Wings Over Europe...

Please PM me with a valid mailing address. US beta testers will get it snail mail. Overseas beta testers, depending on where you live, I have no idea when you'll get it. I'll be mailing it cheap since you aren't paying for it and I am.

This campaign has been engineered for Wings Over Europe and has been tested on no other ThirdWire title. I do this because of the greater availability of modern aircraft (namely the Eagle, the Hog, and the Harrier). I cannot stress enough that this needs to be installed to a COMPLETELY CLEAN and fully-patched-up-to-date install of WOE. If you attempt to install this to an existing setup loaded with the mods of your choice...well, I pity you. The menus and everything else are engineered for widescreen monitors. I will be working on a menu system for 4:3 aspect ratio monitors once the campaign bugs are worked out.

The CD will contain a one-click installer that puts everything into your Wings Over Europe folder and a Zip file with the complete installation tree so you can unzip it to a dummy location to edit, move, and replace things as needed.

Bear in mind all of the aircraft, terrain and everything else is the sole work of this entire community. The only thing that's truly mine is the campaign files and the work done to the menu interface. We all know the cardinal rule here: Thou shalt not pass off other's work as thine own. The ONLY thing I did was build a campaign around the wonderful aircraft and a stunning terrain that have been designed and built by others, they are not mine.

First of all, I want to thank USAFMTL and Erik for this wonderful opportunity and a learning experience like none other. I have a HUGE appreciation for what they do. I hope to release an awesome campaign that will be appreciated by all.

pfunk

Edited by pfunkmusik

First of all I would like to thank you for your time and efforts in this work. :good: I would be willing to assist you in the testing and Evaluation of your Beta project. You can PM me for my mailing info at any time. :clapping:

If you still need ppl let me know I do have a mid range machine

Nvidia 8800

amd 64 3800 =2.84

ram 3 gig

vista 32 bit.

how big is this thing?

why not just put it up on some filesharing site and set a password you give only to betatesters?

Guest pfunkmusik
how big is this thing?

why not just put it up on some filesharing site and set a password you give only to betatesters?

Big enough that it won't fit on a 700MB CDRW.

pfunk

Quite eager to help too!

BTW, as I'm oversea (namely in Europe), I don't know if it is very convenient for you (especially since I have sometime to wait weeks for stuffs coming from the US). As you wish! :smile:

Guest pfunkmusik

OK,

My list of Beta testers so far is:

Stick

Emp_Palpatine

Bounder

Harry

TurtleHawk

Your DVDs have been burned and mailed. When you get them, email me, because I need to send you the new campaign.ini's to reflect the changes in the terrain and bases that Wrench made in the Libya Terrain today.

I still have an ample supply of DVDs, so PM me if you'd still like to help.

pfunk

I'd be very happy to help buddy, but I think shipping costs to Italy aren't that cheap for you right?

BTW how big this file exactly is, and which are the mods needed?

I could grab 'em on my own, so you could host the interface mod and campaign files on megaupload or similar,

to speed up download...

Let me know if you wanna give it a try!

Cheers and Good Luck!

Guest pfunkmusik
I'd be very happy to help buddy, but I think shipping costs to Italy aren't that cheap for you right?

BTW how big this file exactly is, and which are the mods needed?

I could grab 'em on my own, so you could host the interface mod and campaign files on megaupload or similar,

to speed up download...

Let me know if you wanna give it a try!

Cheers and Good Luck!

Well, it's about $3 USD, but it takes 3-4 weeks to get to you. I don't mind sending it if you don't mind waiting. Won't cost you anything and it's not like it's going to be released real soon. I want people to stress it out, try to find out what's broken and needs fixing.

pfunk

Guest pfunkmusik

The install .exe is 374 MB in size. Someone tell me a decent, safe file hosting site and I'll get it there.

pfunk

yeah 250MB seems to be the norm for non-paying users.

but that doesn't matter. you can compress the exe with, say, free WinRar, also setting the option to split the resulting file in two archives. That way we get two 190MB archives which you then upload somewhere (i.e. filecrunch, megashares, etc).

The only bad thing is that nonpaying users generaly have to wait a certain period of time between two downloads, usually an hour or two (or you don't have to wait at all if you have a dynamic ip - you just clear your browser cache and disconnect and reconnect to the internet and off you go, you can download instantly)

I want to test If possible, send you a PM