Sign in to follow this  
Doc_uk

wind sounds

just been playing this game for almost an hour now and just relised theres no wind sounds, is this right, or is something not right with my game?

regards

Doc

Hello again, Doc. Wind sounds are modeled but they don't kick in until you reach around 215-220 mph or so...kind of an "overspeed" warning, I suppose. However this issue has been brought to TK's (the developer) attention and he said he would look into it. I wouldn't be surprised if it is fixed in the upcoming "hot fix" patch. :yes:

Hello again, Doc. Wind sounds are modeled but they don't kick in until you reach around 215-220 mph or so...kind of an "overspeed" warning, I suppose. However this issue has been brought to TK's (the developer) attention and he said he would look into it. I wouldn't be surprised if it is fixed in the upcoming "hot fix" patch. :yes:

Thank you, now ive noticed the wind sound problem , its kind of ruined my game

regards

Doc

Edited by Doc_uk

Can somebody tell me were i can find this file AircraftObject.ini, cant find it anywere?

Doc

With regard to wind sounds: When experimenting with creating individual engine sounds to match each aircraft I have tried mixing a wind rushing sound in. It still needs playing around with a bit to sound convincing, but the idea is that when increasing the throttle to accelerate the engine the wind sound will also increase in relation to the speed. The engine sounds can then be easily added to the sound file and the appropriate aircraft.......if that makes any sense. I'll post one up to try when I happy with it.

With regard to wind sounds: When experimenting with creating individual engine sounds to match each aircraft I have tried mixing a wind rushing sound in. It still needs playing around with a bit to sound convincing, but the idea is that when increasing the throttle to accelerate the engine the wind sound will also increase in relation to the speed. The engine sounds can then be easily added to the sound file and the appropriate aircraft.......if that makes any sense. I'll post one up to try when I happy with it.

Sounds intriguing... looking forward to hearing what you come up with.

Sounds intriguing... looking forward to hearing what you come up with.

Salute Doc_uk

I have been contributing to a discussion over on the ThirdWire Forum about WindLoop sound. As I said over there, I am interested in the sound that a rotary engine makes. The technique that you discover for WindLoop may allow us to hear the engine roar change to the Put-put-put of the cutout ignition when the rotary gets Blip'd.

OlPaint01