I have WOE and when I try to play single mission the game CTDs at 80% load. Anyone have any experience with this?

I figured it out, it was ground objects.

Glad to hear, it can be frustrating. I experimented with making a terrain and a broken terrain set would always give you a CTD at 80%, which is why I asked.

pfunk

I just downloded the central pacific terrain but gets CTD when i load it up with some aircraft while others works fine. I checked my nations.ini and it has the nation of every aircraft listed in my inventory. The nations.ini also talllies with the centralpacific_nations.ini file. Could this be due to a date setting or something that i missed out? Please help..

Hi,

Do you have checked that your aircraft's data.ini files have the MinBaseSize parameter set to Small ?

It is mandatory to avoid a CTD. Also, check that CentralPacific.ini file has the CatFile parameter

pointing to your game Cat file. for WOE, it is GermanyCE.CAT, for SFP1 it is Desert.cat etc...

That should help

Best Regards

ansons2

Thanks for the help, yup i think it was the minBaseSize param that caused the prob, didnt think of that b4! The cat hav been changed to WOV's cat all along since im on WOV.

Is there a way to increase the minbasesize for the terrain without having to edit the aircraft's data.ini?

I don't think so. That's the reason each time I get a new plane, I check the data.ini file to set this parameter to small.

ansons

I have changed the minbasesize to small for all planes and they work for all the terrains except one, the falklands/malvinas terrain. Unless i load planes from Argentina in single missions, the game will CTD. My nations.ini and malvinas_nations.ini have correct entries but it seems to CTD in single missions. Any ideas?

Guest ansons2
I have changed the minbasesize to small for all planes and they work for all the terrains except one, the falklands/malvinas terrain. Unless i load planes from Argentina in single missions, the game will CTD. My nations.ini and malvinas_nations.ini have correct entries but it seems to CTD in single missions. Any ideas?

Hi, I have checked the terrain and I got the same issue (CTD). Looking at the Malvinas.ini file I have found that the

Catfile = ..Desert\desert.cat is put as first line, that's not good.

Please find here below the fixed malvinas.ini

I hope that will help you.

ansons2

Malvinas.ini

[Terrain]

TerrainFullName=Falklands 1982

DataFile=Malvinas_data.INI

TargetFile=Malvinas_targets.INI

TargetTypeFile=Malvinas_types.INI

MovementFile=Malvinas_movement.INI

//NationsFile=Malvinas_nations.INI

NationsFile=

//BriefingText=Malvinas_briefing.INI

BriefingText=

DogfightFile=Malvinas_dogfight.INI

DogfightOnly=FALSE

CatFile=..\Desert\Desert.cat

[Map]

FilenameFormat=PlanningMap%d.bmp

Width=1000000.0

Height=1000000.0

NumZoomLevels=3

Edited by ansons2

Hi, I have checked the terrain and I got the same issue (CTD). Looking at the Malvinas.ini file I have found that the

Catfile = ..Desert\desert.cat is put as first line, that's not good.

Please find here below the fixed malvinas.ini

I hope that will help you.

ansons2

Malvinas.ini

[Terrain]

TerrainFullName=Falklands 1982

DataFile=Malvinas_data.INI

TargetFile=Malvinas_targets.INI

TargetTypeFile=Malvinas_types.INI

MovementFile=Malvinas_movement.INI

//NationsFile=Malvinas_nations.INI

NationsFile=

//BriefingText=Malvinas_briefing.INI

BriefingText=

DogfightFile=Malvinas_dogfight.INI

DogfightOnly=FALSE

CatFile=..\Desert\Desert.cat

[Map]

FilenameFormat=PlanningMap%d.bmp

Width=1000000.0

Height=1000000.0

NumZoomLevels=3

Thanks for your time and research. I tried using your fix but it still gives me a CTD in single mission. I am using VietnamSEA.cat not Desert.cat but I don't think that should be the issue that's causing the CTD right?

Btw, just out of curiousity i realised that your nationsfile and briefingtext is empty, wouldn't that affect any of the campaign missions?

Guest ansons2
Thanks for your time and research. I tried using your fix but it still gives me a CTD in single mission. I am using VietnamSEA.cat not Desert.cat but I don't think that should be the issue that's causing the CTD right?

Btw, just out of curiousity i realised that your nationsfile and briefingtext is empty, wouldn't that affect any of the campaign missions?

To answer your questions, I have put the // to check in the ini file just to check if they are involved in the CTD.

I believe that it does not matter => you can remove the //

I have got the Malvinas terrain working with the Camberra B57G but I still get a CTD with the OV-10A Bronco

In my config both Aircraft have the MinBaseSize parameter set to small. Thus for sure , the CTD is coming from

a combination between Aircraft/terrain. Sorry we will need to continue to dig the problem...

ansons2

To answer your questions, I have put the // to check in the ini file just to check if they are involved in the CTD.

I believe that it does not matter => you can remove the //

I have got the Malvinas terrain working with the Camberra B57G but I still get a CTD with the OV-10A Bronco

In my config both Aircraft have the MinBaseSize parameter set to small. Thus for sure , the CTD is coming from

a combination between Aircraft/terrain. Sorry we will need to continue to dig the problem...

ansons2

Yeah, i have to agree. Same here, the CTD seems to be intermittent with certain aircraft types. Hopefully we find a solution soon :)

Are you guys getting problems with certain mission types?

Are you guys getting problems with certain mission types?

Are you referring to the mission types for the malvinas terrain?

If your using VietnamSEA.Cat,your Catfile line should read:

CatFile=..\VietnamSEA\VietnamSEA.Cat.

The game engine is looking for Desert.Cat to fill in missing terrain objects and it is not there.

You have to direct it towards whatever terrain Cat file you are using.

CatFile=..\Desert\Desert.Cat

CatFile=..\VietnamSEA\VietnamSEA.Cat

CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.Cat

Whatever is the one you are using at the time.

If your using VietnamSEA.Cat,your Catfile line should read:

CatFile=..\VietnamSEA\VietnamSEA.Cat.

The game engine is looking for Desert.Cat to fill in missing terrain objects and it is not there.

You have to direct it towards whatever terrain Cat file you are using.

CatFile=..\Desert\Desert.Cat

CatFile=..\VietnamSEA\VietnamSEA.Cat

CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.Cat

Whatever is the one you are using at the time.

I had re-pointed the cat file all along but yet the malvinas terrain still crashes when loading certain types of aircraft in single mission mode. Had been researching into it with the help of ansons2 but so far no solutions yet..

Will the OV-10A work in campaign mode?

If it does then check single mission mode for the base that the OV-10 is flying from.

See if it crashes flying from a different base. If it still crashes,check for the loadouts.

Use base aircraft(No loadout) and see what happens.

I see that there is an upgrade for the Malvinas terrain. If you don't have it maybe it will help.

What I have found,if you get a CTD at 80% or more it has something to do with objects(ground or aircraft).

It may not be the aircraft you are flying,it could be an enemy aircraft that the game engine is putting up against you.

If you still have a problem PM me here,I have a couple of other things to try.

They are to involved to say here.