Sign in to follow this  
don246

Slow down

I have this thing about FE I like it but for the sim runs to fast in my opinion it seems more like a WW2 sim than a WW1. Now I know one can speed up the game but what about slowing it down. I repeat it is only my opinion the game runs too fast for a WW1 sim it feels to me even on the hard setting too arcade. Any one got any ideas for slowing it down.

Not sure really - suppose you could alter the flight model for every Plane and reduce the top speed and stall speed perhaps.

If not - play it on a very old computer :umnik2:

Not sure really - suppose you could alter the flight model for every Plane and reduce the top speed and stall speed perhaps.

If not - play it on a very old computer :umnik2:

Now thats an idea reduce the top speed if I do a duel install of FE I can give it a try. I think the person to tell me how to do this is Peter01 I know how to extract the ini and edit it but what to alter, any one expand on this.

Thanks for the reply Migbuster.

Modding all the FM would be a really daunting project, especially since all the work to date has been directed at making the FM authentic. If you slowed down the speeds and stalls, may other flight characteristics would be affected. Perhaps an easier approach (and more fun) would be to try flying the really early war birds which were slower. You have a really great stable of crates to choose from.

sinbad

Modding all the FM would be a really daunting project, especially since all the work to date has been directed at making the FM authentic. If you slowed down the speeds and stalls, may other flight characteristics would be affected. Perhaps an easier approach (and more fun) would be to try flying the really early war birds which were slower. You have a really great stable of crates to choose from.

sinbad

Roger that Sinbad, I have at the momet just one install and it has the TK SPK and the latest updates with no added planes just the default planes. What I will do is do a second install and just add some of the early planes. Can I ask you what would you addvise to add to the deault FE install (not planes) as regarding updates ect.

Many thanks for the reply.

Edited by don246

Roger that Sinbad, I have at the momet just one install and it has the TK SPK and the latest updates with no added planes just the default planes. What I will do is do a second install and just add some of the early planes. Can I ask you what would you addvise to add to the deault FE install (not planes) as regarding updates ect.

Have you considered the little 'turbo' program used to slow down RB3D?

The first thing I would add is the JonesSoft generic game mod

http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/products.html

It will be a great help as you add and delete, and will enable you to easily try variations of whatever you do.

Having said that, apart from A/C I would do terrains, and Peter01 FMs.

Peter is now working on a DL package for newbies, but I am not sure when it will be available.

sinbad