Sign in to follow this  
serverandenforcer

reflections of reflections?

O.K., so, i just found out something... weird. I was flying around, checking out the scenery, and noticed in my mirrors that my wingmen were approaching to form up with me... infact together! I thought to myself... hm, cool. So when they were at approximately the angle to where I can look back at them, I only noticed one. I figure the other went either hight or low (the sometime do that ya know). Well, as I continued on flying around, checking out the pretty trees, banking left and right, I noticed something odd with my right and left mirrors, when I bank to go right, my right mirror refelcts that I am banking right. However, my left mirror reflects that I'm banking left! Odd i say (btw, i talk to myself a lot... probably should see a shrink). I bank left, the right mirror is showing a normal image, but the left mirror is showing the opposite of what I should be seeing. I thought I might have messed with a .ini file. But nope, nothing I tweaked on today should have messed with that. So, I left to presume that it's the result of some sorcery or magic. So can some please enlighten me to this peculiar phenomenon? Never heard of it, never seen any mention of it here, and I'm sure that I can't be the only one to have noticed this.... unless my install is borked. :rolleyes:

Does this happen on all aircrafts, or just a particular one?

As far as i know, the game calculates the mirror picture from the surface of the 3d model´s mesh. To know the angle of that mesh, the pivot point is used. Might be that the pivot points of those two mirrors are different, so the left one´s might point towards the opposite X-axis.

Does this happen on all aircrafts, or just a particular one?

As far as i know, the game calculates the mirror picture from the surface of the 3d model´s mesh. To know the angle of that mesh, the pivot point is used. Might be that the pivot points of those two mirrors are different, so the left one´s might point towards the opposite X-axis.

Well, after further testing, it's just the F-15s. All variants. Hornets are ok, and the Tomcat is ok.

Yep, I had this problem when I was building the Typhoon, noticed it quickly and corrected it, it is in the 3d model the fix must be made, as amokfloo said the reflection is calculated from the pivot of the mirror mesh, in my case I had forgotten to reset the axis on the mirror I had (excuse the pun) 'mirrored'.

Well, guess that means I can't fix it. I figured it had to do with the 3D model, but didn't want to say anything too soon to not offend the maker and be putting my foot in my mouth at the same time.

I'm glad someone brought this up...I was wondering why the cockpit I am working on had images that were tilted in the mirrors.

FastCargo