Sign in to follow this  

Just realized what I'd wrote...I could be in better shape that I am...but that's besides the point!! :haha:

What I basically need, is a simple cylinder, tapered to a point at the aft end, and semi-blunt/flat at the front

As seen below, I'm using the FAB-100 shape to 'stand in' for the AN/APS-4 radar pod.

tbm_aps4_radar.jpg

That's the approximate size, too!

Diameter=0.280000

Length=1.473000

This real pod was used on a myriad of aircraft, and would be great addition to the WW2 stuff and for Korea in particular. It was carried on all the early Skyraiders (AD-1 thru 4, as they didn't have an internal emitter, it was attached to the wing), TBM/Tarpons, SB2C (if we ever get one) -- and the P-38M and a host of others!!!

It dosen't really need a skin for the Navy, but a simple map of one color (usually white) would suffice. A small rectangular plyon would be a plus too!! Give it something to hang from the wing on...or the nose of Lightning....

In case anyone is wonder what that Avenger is, it's a TBM-3E, as used by VS-23 during the Korea War on ASW patrols. New skin, with redrawn panel & rivet lines; just need to finish decaling and such. And figure out how to release it...

TIA!!

Wrench

kevin stein

Kevin

Check PM. I have one made quick and dirty like - just need to know where to send it.

TD

That's what I'm talkin' about!!!!!

tbm_radarpod.jpg

He is a Great and Powerful Wizard, and his name is...

Tim!!!

Just about perfect!! I repainted it a bit (easy enough to create a quick psd to add a few layers). Maybe a bit thinner (reduce width by 1/4), but overall I'd say it's good to go as is!!!

The physical model still has the ASV antena on the wings, but they can be simply ignored. I'm not gonna bother Capun to remove them ... not worth the effort. Besides, they can 'pretend' to be other sensors (for picking up cell phone calls or something!!! :rofl: )

With many thanks, Timmy! Now, I'll have to update my old AD Skyraiders, too!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

wonder how this'll look on Wolf's Lightning...and can I squeeze the RIO into the aft section of the pit.... ??????

I thinned it down 75%. It does look kind of like a post-Cheers Kirsty Alley hanging on that Avenger

I thinned it down 75%. It does look kind of like a post-Cheers Kirsty Alley hanging on that Avenger

hehehehe now that made my day! :smile:

Lovely Wrench :biggrin: !!! The Royal Navy used this radar variant in the Suez theatre with the yellow/black stripes. There some photos in the NET. A very welcome addition to the Suez 1956 Campaign!!! :good: