Sign in to follow this  

Well, I'm upgrading my Strike Fighters Korean War installation with the new F-86 and MIG-15bis from Dave (really good work!, adding armor is a good idea and I'm going to add armor to all my Korean era planes) and now I'm searching for a MIG-15 (Fagot A) to download, or at least try to do a .ini tweak with the MIG-15bis to convert to the MIG-15.

Is there any downloadable Fagot A?, or can someone helping me with the .ini tweak?

Their is no A model to download. Should be realitively easy to fix up some stuff, I'd ask some of the Czech people around here, they know boat loads of stuff on Soviet aircraft.

Edited by suhsjake

I kow nothing about Mig-15 Fagot A mod released for SFP1. Just Bis (which you have) model is released. But there is another Mig-15Bis as WIP in community (release date uknown).

I am not FM tweaker. So I can not help you with engine parametres and with FM in general. But I can help with guns a little bit, I hope :yes:

Mig-15Bis:

2 x NR-23

1 x N-37

Mig-15:

2 x NS-23

1 x NS-37

Mig-15 engine: RD-45 (22,46 kN) - copy of Rolls-Royce Nene II

Mig-15 hasn't got hydraulic boosters for "controls". And no automatic regulation for engine throttle.

I am not home, so I can not check Gundata if there are needed guns (but they are there, I suppose). Bis has guns with better rate of fire.

Edited by kukulino

According to a book I have, Mig Fifty Years of Secret Aircraft Design, both the Mig-15 and Mig-15bis had aileron boost, just a different type. In the Mig-15 production aircraft, the boost was a TsAGI B-7, centrally located in the aileron circuit. According to this source and others, the Mig-15bis had an "improved" aileron boost, with a B-1 boost located in the wing at the leading edge of each aileron. From the sources I've read, both books and online, the real problem with Migs losing aileron control at high speed was due to control reversal, where the aileron would act like a trim tab causing the wing itself to flex, which could be so severe that all aileron control was lost at high speed.

So, the way I created my Mig-15 was to reduce the aileron control rate slightly (personal taste, entirely up to you) and put in the

MaxControlSpeed=290.00

LockoutSpeed=316.20

into each aileron in the data.ini which causes my ailerons to freeze at high mach numbers.

I also put these values:

MaxControlSpeed=298.60

LockoutSpeed=316.20

into the elevators of both my Mig-15 and 15bis, so the elevators disappear at about Mach .92.

And, of course, I reduce the thrust from:

SLThrustDry=26466.79

to:

SLThrustDry=22241.79

Given the fact that the newest Migs pitch up nicely in turns if you pull them too tight, and spin well if you use them in WOI, these changes approximate what I've read about the Mig-15/15bis. Hope this helps.

Heck

Edited by Heck

Well, not easy say that all Mig-15 were with or without boosters. Opinions on this are various. Plus Mig-15/15Bis were produced in license too.

Thank you all! I have done my MIG:

-Added correct guns

-Added engine data from Dassault Ouragan (it had a license copy of Nene engine)

-Added air brakes data from La-15 (much smaller air brakes than MIG-15bis)

-I haven't touch the Maxcontrols, because Dave's numbers are in fact smaller than yours (I think controls are out at lower speed then)

It feels very nice!

Edited by ojcar

Well, my new MiG-15 Fagot A is working very well. I have corrected the weight as well. If you like, I could upload the plane (given credit to Pasko and Dave, of course)

Looking forward :yes:

Many Mig-15/Mig-15Bis served in Czechoslovak air force. They were "converted" into attack role as Mig-15SB/Mig-15Bis SB. Wrench made necessary ini edits and SB mod is in the Download section. Just new pylons are needed for weapon stations.

Well, you can download it now, here in Combatace!

Not easy to fly!!! That's what I want :biggrin: Very good mod, I think :good:

In czechoslovak coloures :biggrin:

Mig-15.jpg

Edited by kukulino

Errr....Sorry, but there was an error in the first release, making the MiG-15 lighter than MiG-15bis. This is now corrected.

As a plus, I have included Ordway's MiG-15 cockpit. It's a Must-Have!

Remember: I have done a few changes, but the bulk of the work and all the credit for this plane must be for Pasko, Dave and Ordway!