Sign in to follow this  
11th_AF_Sapper

I can't get acsess to downloads that I could a week or two ago.

Hey all, I'm getting a strange problem on the download forums. when I go to download new aircraft on the thirdwire forum I'm not allowed acsess to view cirtain links when I was 2 weeks ago. I can view the F-15 and A-10 for instance but when it comes to planes like F-16 or the F/A-18 or any other aircraft that aren't in the original game I can't view them. earlier I downloaded an F/A-18 and now I can't even see the thread for the F/A-18. I'm perplexed and I'm wondering what can be done if anything and if this is happening to anyone else.

Its a known issue. Its getting worked on. Please standby.

Oh, alright thanks I just wasnt sure if I had done somthing to tick off the admins xD thx for the info and i hope you guys get this figured out soon ehh?

All is fixed. Please report any problems uploading or downloading files here. Thanks.

it seems the problem went down to the south atlantic :blink:

Alright fair enough. Can you tell me what you were trying to download?

Yeah. I think you hit the "simultaneous" download cap. To prevent those download accelerator programs from crashing the site "Remember those horrible database error messages?" I had to cap the max number of connections one person could make to the server.

So in this case the download section was working correctly. Whew what a change of pace huh?

E

Hmm i have the same problem downloading the normal NorwayTerrain...and im not using any download managers, just pure firefox?!

Just to let u know...

EDIT: im having probs d/l-ing the standard norwayterrain not the snowy one, sry about that

Regards,

Horus

Edited by Horus3K

Are you trying to open multiple downloads at the same time? Example: downloading the snowy terrain and maybe an aircraft at the same time? Let me know.

E

I did some reading over at the Knowledge Base (Yes I read the KB before I ask questions) on Invision's site about referrer header problems, internet explorer, and one of our anti-leach settings for the download section. I made the changes they suggested and just need someone to test it out. Can we get someone with IE6 and IE7 to test it out? It's working here, but then again it always was and I've tested it with Opera, Firefox 3.0, Netscape, MSN Explorer, AOL Explorer, IE6, IE7. The wonders of the internet will never cease to amaze me.

Erik

I have the latest IE and i had no trouble downloading a F-4 skin a moment ago. BTW i also have dl'd both Norway terrains with no problem

Edited by Viper6

All is fixed. This got uploaded on Saturday when I was making changes to the download section and got put into a category that is the parent for the terrains sub category which wasn't supposed to be uploadable to and downloadable from. So once uploaded there I changed the options for the parent which in effect locked the file into an area which can't be downloaded from. I moved this to it's correct sub category which you can download from and all is fixed. Sorry it took me so long to realize what the heck was going on. At least now if we find others that got locked out we'll know where to start looking first.

Erik