Sign in to follow this  
allenjb42

BBC News: Final Skynet satellite launched

Judgment Day cannot be avoided, only postponed!

I suppose there's a reason why they thought naming it Skynet would be a good idea.

Seeing as it's Skynet 5 replacing Skynet 4 I'd imagine we've been using it since before the Terminator films came out. I wonder if MoD has thought about a breach of trademark.....

Just checked, Skynet 1 launched at the end of 1969.

Edited by SkippyBing

Just an idea but if judgement day can only be postponed could someone makes sure that it dosn't happen untill I'm dead,thanks.

Or make a decent EMP gun so we can cut through the machines like a hot knife through butter?

Judgment Day cannot be avoided, only postponed!

Yeah, it was supposed to happen on August 29, 1997, and then on July 24, 2004. :biggrin:

Wasn't the next big phear date sometime around 2012? And yeah, hope I'll be seeing it from Heaven too (note I said heaven, not the sky...) :blink:

Wasn't the next big phear date sometime around 2012? And yeah, hope I'll be seeing it from Heaven too (note I said heaven, not the sky...)

Yup, Decmber 21 2012, the end of the Mayan calendar.

2012 is the next Roland Emmerich movie, due out in a couple of years. Yes, it's about the end of the world. Again. Because one director can't make a film with that plot too many times.

2012 is the next Roland Emmerich movie, due out in a couple of years. Yes, it's about the end of the world.

Well he's bound to right eventually!

Althoug it's actually interesting that the Mayans never said that that date is the end of the world, they just said that a great change will happen.

I have a bad feeling, very bad feeling :skull: Ooooooops, it was only gases :whistle2: :biggrin:

Yup, Decmber 21 2012, the end of the Mayan calendar.

Do you think Ayn Rand, who wrote "Anthem", better known when played by RUSH 2112, which speaks of finding ancient artifacts from their human past, is 100 Years away from the end of the Mayan Calendar?

Or make a decent EMP gun so we can cut through the machines like a hot knife through butter?

And to protect us from those DAMN DIRTY APES!

Come wit me if you want to live-------------------------------------------------------------------------------I'll be back!

And to protect us from those DAMN DIRTY APES!

Last I checked, humans couldn't even feel EMP, doubt our feces flinging relatives would feel it either. Good ole' guns would do the trick just fine.

No, the way it worked for the Mayans was the world had been created and destroyed 5 times, 2012 the world was supposed to be destroyed for the final time. But I think their numerical system was in base 5, so the number may be off. :good:

BTW, wasn't there some kind of Near Earth Asteroid that was discovered that is supposed to hit Earth sometime around 2012? Or was it a decaded or two later?

Yeah... Apophis.

Officially, it's an asteroid! Officially...

qaxyurg0.jpg

:grin:

Of course, when the world ends in 2011 we'll all realize the Mayans weren't really that great at math.

Well, at least we already know now what we'll be up against - and according to canon, John Connor will not lead the humans to victory, since the war isn't over after he's dead...

Actually, he DOES survive the war, but a T-800 does as well and kills him after it's over.

Actually now 2012 is getting close a lot of the groups and people who have been yaking on about it, are starting to say we may have got the calendar confused and it may actually be 2024 instead. They don't say however if they mean our calender or the mayan one - which gives them some room to wriggle out of it when we get close to 2024...