I´ve got sfp1, and got Desert(Default) Israel and Lybia Terrains

tried the Bering Strait but didn´t work- splashed the pc when chosen for a mission

Is there any way to solve this troubleshooting, and use this and other terrains such as formosa and germany?

Guest ansons2
I´ve got sfp1, and got Desert(Default) Israel and Lybia Terrains

tried the Bering Strait but didn´t work- splashed the pc when chosen for a mission

Is there any way to solve this troubleshooting, and use this and other terrains such as formosa and germany?

:blink: Check that MinBaseSize in set to SMALL or MEDIUM in the Data_xxx.ini file , xxx being the aircraft name

depending on the terrain, if it is set to LARGE it can cause a CTD.

Cheers

Ansons2

Ok People...once again, I'll explain this, I'll type reallly slow, and use BIG letters so, hopefully, you'll all get it:

DO NOT POST QUESTIONS IN THE KNOWLEDGE BASE - THAT IS FOR US MODERATORS TO WRITE THE 'ANSWERS' FOR YOU ALL TO FIND

If you're having issues, or questions about how to do something,

POST THEM IN THE REGULAR FORUMS, IN EITHER THE GENERAL DISCUSSION OR MODS & SKINNING

It's a real PIA to have to move these posts to where they SHOULD be ...so, lets try and to things right, shall we??? :yes:

Now, on to macelana's question:

more information is needed; what error messages, if any? Did it just CTD (crash to the desktop), or did it start loading??

Did you make the necessary mofidications in the terrain's main ini? (ie; DBS.ini) to have the cat pointer line

Have you read the Post on '3rd Party Terrains' in the Knowledge BAse:

Click Me!!! -->Adding Terrains<--I'm a Link!!!

READ the entire article, especially my notes in the 2nd post...your answers just might be there...

I just wish we had more info about the fault you're experiencing....

Wrench

kevin stein

You're not happy, are you? :smile:

Yeah, kinda had a lousey week....

but still, we DO need to lock out the KB so only moderators can post in it...

I REALLY do wish people would spend a little more time looking for the answers themselves...98.6% of all are already answered, with detailed fixes. Just takes a little inatiative, and perserverance to find it.

Wrench

kevin stein

Or put up a screen loading before one enters KB where "DO NOT POST IN KB" will be written in many languages including Ancient Greek and Latin.

Not to forget Akkadian, Hiratic, Cuniaform (sp?) etc, etc, and of course, etc! :rofl:

Wrench

kevin stein