Sign in to follow this  
lindr2

Question about weapon data (EOGR)

Question about weapon data (EOGR). Missile data has options Traking Data Display, Gimble angle display (Crosshair, Four Corners etc.). Can I changes this graphics primitives, or add new ? Where's placed they ? Some monts ago, after manipulation with weapons data in WOV crosshair pointing cross and double lines no longer represented. I just copy weapon folder in WOI, load INI to New Weapons Editor, merged with original data , save it -> All OK! In WOI All crosshairs showing, in WOV - No.

latest WOV version is v08.30.06, it is broken in that version and all other games with it.

Question about weapon data (EOGR). Missile data has options Traking Data Display, Gimble angle display (Crosshair, Four Corners etc.). Can I changes this graphics primitives, or add new ? Where's placed they ? Some monts ago, after manipulation with weapons data in WOV crosshair pointing cross and double lines no longer represented. I just copy weapon folder in WOI, load INI to New Weapons Editor, merged with original data , save it -> All OK! In WOI All crosshairs showing, in WOV - No.

You can change the graphics associated with the options, but you cannot add "new" options, unless provisions for them already exist in the missileobject.dll file.

To see if that's the case, you'll need to open the .dll with a hex-editor, and read trough it to find the applicable entries (that is, entries and values which can be added to the weapondata.ini). Be careful when you open it , though, because if you accidentally change even a single entry, that .dll will no longer be valid, and will crash the game.