Hey all, I downloaded the Global Strike F-22 Raptor and its pretty fun, but the redar warning system doesn't work. is there something I can do to alter the files so that I know when someone's fired a missile at me? thx for any possible help.

Hey all, I downloaded the Global Strike F-22 Raptor and its pretty fun, but the redar warning system doesn't work. is there something I can do to alter the files so that I know when someone's fired a missile at me? thx for any possible help.

For the purposes of the sim, the raptor has a radar cross section of zero and is hence totally invisible to radar, you can't be locked-on to or have radar guided missiles fired at you. change to radar cross section value to a positive and the rwr will work fine. however you will get shot down.

hmm, well I may have to, I've been getting shot down one heck of a lot. or is that normal?

Your getting shot down by IRMs. The RWR won't alert you on those. I posted a thread here about combat tactics in the F-22. http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showt...hl=F-22+tactics

To find that thread, I went to the search engine, typed in "F-22 tactics" and this is what I got on the first page....

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?act=S...%2BF-22+tactics

.... it will be titled as "A2A combat tips for the F-22 UPDATED"

The problem with the F-22 is one of how the game engine (and, in effect, the AI) interprets "detection". It does so through the "maxvisibledistance" parameter. There is no "burn through" effect for stealth at this point, it's either all on or all off. To prove my point, simply ratchet down the max visible distance value from 15000 to 1500, and watch what happens.

...There is no "burn through" effect for stealth at this point...

Really? I thought there was? Is it just that the Max Visible distance is set to such a low number that Enemy AI aircraft don't react until they're within that range?

Sort of....stealth works, but if the AI can "see" you at 15 KM (even at night), then it's rendered irrelevant. Using the BaseRCSModifier parameter in conjunction with a low max visibility distance enables stealth to work in a somewhat more realistic manner (then it otherwise would, had you left the visibility parameter at its default value).

The only thing that "burns through" (or at least did until the last patch) was jamming. Now jamming mostly serves as a guidance system for enemy missiles :biggrin: