I'm working on a new pit for the AV-8/GR-7 and I wanted to make a more realistic RWR without using the typical 3 ring display.

My idea was to use lights to show only the kind of threat, radar tracking/lock, sam launch, AAA.

So, do you think it's possible? Did anyone work on something similar or has an idea on how to make it work?

Thanks for your help.

Here's a pic of the real thing

post-15328-1213439339_thumb.jpg

Get a hold of Crusader, if anyone can tell you he can.

I'll tell BPAo to take a look into this thread, he build a similar threat type indicator in the TMF F-8B.

Looking through the current aircraftobject.dll reveals the following parameters (which should be of interest to you)

THREAT_AIR_INTERCEPT_WARNING_LIGHT

THREAT_GROUND_RADAR_WARNING_LIGHT

THREAT_LAUNCH_WARNING_LIGHT

I would imagine that assigning said parameters to their associated warning lights in the aircraft's cockpit.ini and/or avionics.ini file would be rather simple.

As to the RWR's aural tones, well, that's a pretty straight forward deal, just assign the lock and track tones as if you had a conventional RWR.

Huh? :blink:

So the engine knows the difference between ground and air radar? I wish I could see that on stock planes' RWR - now it shows same blips for Shilkas and Fishbeds, and with the latest AI it's a matter of life and death.

Huh? :blink:

So the engine knows the difference between ground and air radar? I wish I could see that on stock planes' RWR - now it shows same blips for Shilkas and Fishbeds, and with the latest AI it's a matter of life and death.

GR, it has had that ability since at least SP3. In fact, Wpnssgt and I created threat-type and threat-mode specific RWR icons and .ini entries for the F-15C & E-model's RWR, back in the summer of 2005.

hello,

it's more than you think.

first build the warning panel as a rwr (use unique bmp file with off lights).

build tga file with same lights location.

in the avionnic .. use this values :

[RWR]

Type=3_RING

AirSearchTexture=cockpit\RWR\AirSearch.tga

AirTrackTexture=cockpit\RWR\AirTrack.tga

AirLockTexture=cockpit\RWR\AirLock.tga

GroundSearchTexture=cockpit\RWR\SurfaceSearch.tga

GroundTrackTexture=cockpit\RWR\SurfaceTrack.tga

GroundLockTexture=cockpit\RWR\SurfaceLock.tga

SearchPosition=0.0

TrackPosition=0.0

LockPosition=0.0

SearchSize=1.0

TrackSize=1.0

LockSize=1.0

SearchFlash=FALSE

TrackFlash=TRUE

TrackFlashRate=0.2

LockFlash=TRUE

LockFlashRate=0.1

TrackSound=RWRTrackSound.wav

LockSound=RWRLockSound.wav

and it's will work. you can do 3D lights .. it's work too.

have fun.

GR, it has had that ability since at least SP3. In fact, Wpnssgt and I created threat-type and threat-mode specific RWR icons and .ini entries for the F-15C & E-model's RWR, back in the summer of 2005.

I wasn't here back then :biggrin:

Is there some sort of general fix that can be applied to most planes?

The image below (from the F-15's RWR), shows all ground threat icons, with all but one in "search" mode. The ground threat nearest the center of the display has gone to "lock" mode, providing guidance for its weapons stem.

med_gallery_279_43_28123.jpg

The image below shows mixed ground-based and airborne threats. In addition to ground-based search radars, you'll see two airborne search radars (represented by the inverted bat-wing, or 'V" shapes), at the periphery of the display. One is at the 8:30 position, the other at 12:30. At the 11 o'clock position, an airborne radar has gone into "track" mode.

med_gallery_279_43_25784.jpg

Thank you all for your input :good: , I'll check your planes and try to use your ideas.