I'm thinking of creating the ultimate sim jet, I'm working on a three view of it right now.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm out of ideas

the 3-view didnt work out

Edited by THEJETDEMON

try the Falken from Ace combat

or the X-02 Wyvern

kabe29l.jpg

Edited by Silverbolt

I second the Wyvern, or whatever your avatar is the jetdemon, though that looks like that LOMAC bird which the designation escapes me...

I second the Wyvern, or whatever your avatar is the jetdemon, though that looks like that LOMAC bird which the designation escapes me...

F-something "ptedadon"

For a challenge, design the ultimate prop fighter :)

The plane on my avatar is a VF-15 Pternodon,It outperforms everything on LOMAC

Turn the X-29 into the F-29.

Maybe revise it a bit so it has a bubble canopy for better visiblity.

i would like a twisted typhoon-flanker..... but with stealth option......

Top view

med_gallery_36081_175_14251.jpg

Turn the X-29 into the F-29.

Maybe revise it a bit so it has a bubble canopy for better visiblity.

I modified it for better manueverability

med_gallery_36081_175_27848.jpg

nice top view :i-m_so_happy:

for better stealthiness, make the canards retractable :whistle2:

Never liked the Himat, but this...

Top view

med_gallery_36081_175_14251.jpg

Looks awesome. Would be best-looking if it had twin vertical rudders instead of the Eurofighter's singular one. And would be better if it wasn't complete delta at the wing's back end, but was somewhat "crooked", sorta like the B-2's wing...

@ Viper -

That little Polish PZL Scorpion? I want it. Now. In my yard.

Anyways, when you say the "ultimate jet fighter", do you mean with technology reasonable for this day and age, or something far more futuristic? I don't find the reversed-wings (or whatever the word is for them) to be terribly effective, since most of the aircraft that've used them...well, you don't see too many still flying. The swing-wing, however, was a pretty good concept despite only really seeing good, well-known use on the F14 "Tomcat" (it was on the MiG 23 and MiG 27, and some random Sukhois too).

I've always liked the concept of planes like the more recent F-22 with the large planar wing, for some reason. The security of a strong, large lift surface is kind of comforting. And it looks nice and sleek to boot; yes, the HiMat also fits the bill here, as does whatever TX3RN0BILL posted.

I used to try to design aircraft, especially jets (props, though I love them dearly, are just not very modifiable in terms of drastically different builds due to their low airspeeds), but I never had a whole lot of luck and pretty much gave up.

Have fun with the project, Jetdemon. As much as I don't like reversed wings, maybe playing around with the X-29 as aforementioned is a good idea.

@ Viper -

Anyways, when you say the "ultimate jet fighter", do you mean with technology reasonable for this day and age, or something far more futuristic? I don't find the reversed-wings (or whatever the word is for them) to be terribly effective, since most of the aircraft that've used them...well, you don't see too many still flying. The swing-wing, however, was a pretty good concept despite only really seeing good, well-known use on the F14 "Tomcat" (it was on the MiG 23 and MiG 27, and some random Sukhois too).

I've always liked the concept of planes like the more recent F-22 with the large planar wing, for some reason. The security of a strong, large lift surface is kind of comforting. And it looks nice and sleek to boot; yes, the HiMat also fits the bill here, as does whatever TX3RN0BILL posted.

I used to try to design aircraft, especially jets (props, though I love them dearly, are just not very modifiable in terms of drastically different builds due to their low airspeeds), but I never had a whole lot of luck and pretty much gave up.

Have fun with the project, Jetdemon. As much as I don't like reversed wings, maybe playing around with the X-29 as aforementioned is a good idea.

I agree with your idea about forward swept wings, but it was a request from some one who wanted an F-29. And yes far ahead of its time.

Edited by THEJETDEMON

Looks awesome. Would be best-looking if it had twin vertical rudders instead of the Eurofighter's singular one. And would be better if it wasn't complete delta at the wing's back end, but was somewhat "crooked", sorta like the B-2's wing...

Good idea, it is a joint project

Edited by THEJETDEMON

@ Viper -

First time I have read your comments and they are thoughtful and contain a great deal of insight. If you are indeed, an active UAF Lieutenant, you are very welcome in this forum. I would offer that the real issue is moving dirt. The fight for the high ground is where the limits of flight, flight design, and engine design are tested, but if you ask the foot soldier, and they hold the turf, what they prefer, their usual answer is a Warthog (A-10), a Frogfoot (Su-25), an Apache or a Hind. Their perspective is if we take your airfield, who cares who holds the high ground! The technology and application of flight design and engine design to move dirt is where your money is made in a war. The exotic stuff discussed in this thread is fun but lower on the real priority list.

Mod 1

med_gallery_36081_175_3547.jpg

if you know anyone who might be interested in this project, tell them to send me any ideas they might have on jet aircraft.

why?

in case, we can still use e-mails, PM's and this thread.

now..... what kind of sensor suite?