Sign in to follow this  
column5

Lt. Col. Chessani Cleared!

Hoorah! VERY glad to see these guys exonnerated.
Great! Good to see great Marines cleared of some 'CRAP' that some non-combat experienced butt wipes brought about.

Great! Good to see great Marines cleared of some 'CRAP' that some non-combat experienced butt wipes brought about.

I can't think of a better way to describe those people than "butt wipes." :good:

More good news! :good:

I'm glad this worked out, but the Soldiers never should have had to go through this in the first place! Those Butt Wipes :haha: should be hung out to dry for doing this.

Hell yeah! Good news.

Now, what needs to be done, is a movement to be made for those who had filed the charges to have charges filed against them. Lets not just stop with this outcome. This (refering to falsely charging soldiers of doing their job) will happen again unless something is done about it.

This is very good news.I still don't get how you can try and charge OUR countrys men with a crime in the middle of a war on terror? :dntknw:

Try next year Lakers,

Edited by xrearl

I wonder how many of those butt wipe senators and congressmen plan on apologizing for their public statments about their guilt.Yes I'm talking to you Murtha!

One thing to consider was the whole fiasco was set into motion by Lt. Col. Jeffrey Chessani's Commanding Officer at the time, Brigadier General James Mattis. Afterwhich Mattis was promoted to General and became NATO's Supreme Allied Commander Transformation and commander, U.S. Joint Forces Command. I'm sure this was an instance of a career move aimed at furthering his own career while sacrificing his fellow Marines. You can guess that Lt. Col Jeffrey Chessani career is all but finished as far as the good ol boys club of the Mattis type are concerned. Lt. Col. Chessani wouldn't be considering a lawsuit against Murtha if he knew otherwise. My viewpoint, by the way, is coming from thirteen years in the Corps and seeing, hearing how things work for an Officer to succeed. To which throwing some other Marines under the bus is seen as an asset of strength. Also one of the major reasons I got out when I did with an Honorable Discharge.

" coming from thirteen years in the Corps and seeing, hearing how things work for an Officer to succeed. To which throwing some other Marines under the bus is seen as an asset of strength. "

time out....

you will always find that breed in every walk of life. In my view and experience not just in the Navy but in working with Army, Marines and Air Force is that those who rise over the broken corpses of their subordinates are the despised exception. The old saying is still true that "The cream rises to the top, so does the scum." But in my view most of the back-biting career climbers get their just rewards sooner or later, including Flag and General Officers. While some do make 4 star and retire intact, most are identified and weeded out long before.

I don't know anything about Gen Mattis and have heard no scuttlebut about him. But it was the fact that the investigator of the incident became his legal advisor that was the basis for the undue command influence. Clearly something that he should have known and guarded against.

A very sad episode all the way around. I am very, very glad to see these good exonerated.

Don't get me started about officers. I can count on both hand the ones I have been around that were worth a damn. And 6 of those were prior enlisted. To me they should all say when then reach the top..." I like to thank everyone I stepped on to get here." That goes for a lot of E-8's and E-9's too.