Sign in to follow this  
Lil' Flighsim

i need a helper on making a new skin for the su-27, 30, 33 and the f-14

my big brother need somebody to make a personal skin for the airplane listed on the title, if anybody help my big brother request he will give you lots of thank yous i am typing this for him because he is sleeping right now. he wanted a south korea skin for the airplane listed on the topic title please.

Edited by Lil' Flighsim

First you can change the nation entry into south korea, I think when you have installed the nations pack you will have S korean signs on the plane .. (sorry forgot the right english word for the markings)

Hey, Big Bro here, I mean not only the roundels but make a South Korean Flag skin covering the whole plane like the Indian Air Force skin for the Mig-29.

Original Su-30 and Su-33 are not released to this date. We are waiting for new Mig-29A model by Mirage factory.

So, you can have Su-27, Mig-29A (from download section) and F-14.

I do not suppose that somebody will make new skins for Su-27, Mig-29 and F-14 according your imagination. Too much work to do.

Easy way is adapt existing Indian Mig-29 skins. There are 6 indian skins in download section for Mig-29 I think. So you can add details you want there.

I had similar requiests like you in my mind...

I had no skill with painting programs a few months ago. I wanted many skins for my favourite planes. But no way... So I tried... One skin took me one week usually. But I have what I want now :yes:

My first...

Caslav-1.jpg

Edited by kukulino

You need paint program - Photoshop or Gimp for example (Gimp is free).You need check some tutorials: http://www.simmerspaintshop.com/forums/forum33-tutorials/

Good way is use layered templates. We have some in Download section: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...&showcat=33

If there is no teplate for plane you want, try ask its modder/skiner for templates. In download section you can see new skins, so you can see their authors too. Shoot them PM.

You need paint program - Photoshop or Gimp for example (Gimp is free).You need check some tutorials: http://www.simmerspaintshop.com/forums/forum33-tutorials/

Good way is use layered templates. We have some in Download section: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...&showcat=33

If there is no teplate for plane you want, try ask its modder/skiner for templates. In download section you can see new skins, so you can see their authors too. Shoot them PM.

little bro, thanks for this info, but what if the authors of the plane doesn't want to gimme the templates???

little bro, thanks for this info, but what if the authors of the plane doesn't want to gimme the templates???

Well, it is possible. Bu try :biggrin:

If no luck... You can made your own template based on original skin. It is harder and tooks longer than just paint some schemes into original template. But you will get better skill and knowledge about paint program. Than you will be better and better with every next work :clapping:

Well, it is possible. Bu try :biggrin:

If no luck... You can made your own template based on original skin. It is harder and tooks longer than just paint some schemes into original template. But you will get better skill and knowledge about paint program. Than you will be better and better with every next work :clapping:

little bro, i only know to paint with a brush on the paint program in the computer, i don't know how to paint on a hard paint program like gimp, same with my big bro.

little bro, i only know to paint with a brush on the paint program in the computer, i don't know how to paint on a hard paint program like gimp, same with my big bro.

try this site....

http://www.simmerspaintshop.com/

You, my friend, are where we ALL were, when first starting out. Time to begin The Learning....

D/L Gimp, or if you can get acess to PhotoShop, and just start experimentating. Expect to throw a s**t-load of things away. It's how we all learned....

Read ALL the tutorials at SimmerPaintShop -I really haven't found better (and I use PS - and have the Dummies book for it too!!!!)

Learn to work in layers -- sometimes numbering in the dozens. Learn to 'read' the skin map as to how things line up, like camo patterns, or how the skin wraps around the lod (physical model) - for the most part there is no one single type of mapping. Some wrap from the bottom up, top down, or inside out.

In short:

Experiment

EXPERIMENT

EXPERIMENT

Learn to make your own templates off existing sking (look at my recently released TBM-3 mod -- all those lines and rivets are multiple layers, and all redrawn from the original non-specual blue skin)

Learn to work with 32-bit tgas for decal creation -- not too diffucult after the first dozen or so mistakes...

READ and PRACTICE the tutorials available wherever you can find them.

That's all anyone can say. Not get to it!!! :wink:

Wrench

kevin stein

ps: btw, M$ Paint is probably the worst thing you can ever try to use.