Sign in to follow this  
smerrick14

Problem- No water texture showing up

Gday,

Great work with this step by step guide, its great. I followed all the steps, including changing the TGA's to BMP, but I cant get any WATER tiles to show. It all comes up as a grass/road texture. I have checked and the height data is good etc. Any suggestions??

Many thanks

Scott Merrick

Please do not post in the knowledge base. It is not for game problems, its for solutions to problems etc. Thank you.

Gday,

Great work with this step by step guide, its great. I followed all the steps, including changing the TGA's to BMP, but I cant get any WATER tiles to show. It all comes up as a grass/road texture. I have checked and the height data is good etc. Any suggestions??

Many thanks

Scott Merrick

When I made motile water textures, water tiles, and tiles with a mix of water and land, had to be saved as .tga files for the water effects to show up in the game. Because of transparency issues, .bmp files were used only for terrain files with no water textures in them.