Sign in to follow this  
mikeymead

Some vehicle skins not showing on Range

Hi all,

Somewhere along the line I think I may have cocked something up. I noticed recently that most of the target vehicle's skins no longer showing up on the Range terrain.

I think it may have something to do with adding some extra vehicles and a desert skin pack.

Do I need to add a "Texture set " line in the Range_types Config settings for each of the vehicles?

Many Thanks.

Bit of an update as I'm obviously Billy no mates!

I have just reinstalled the range and it was all ok.

I then added the later range updates and that's when it all goes wrong.

If I can't get it sorted I'll revert back to the old range, it does for practice.

The "parked vehicles" at the range, especially in the upgrade paks are set to "UseGroundObject=TRUE". ONLY those vehicles as described in the targets and types inis will be the ones that show up parked (at the vehicle depot, for instance). For your Armed_Recon missions, the game engine will use the 'usual suspects'. THOSE may be addon vehicles (ala Kesselbruts Vehicle Pak)

I'd start looking in my GroundObjects folder for missing bits; the Range inis work perfectly for me. Also, make sure you've read the readme for the upgrades....I don't recall having added any add-on/3rd party vehicles. I wanted to keep it as stock as possible. I can't seem to find my archived copy, so I'll have to go and D/L it again meself to double check!!!

Something must be fouled up in your install, or someone else would have mentioned it over the last few months since it's release.

Wrench

kevin stein

Err, I did, some months back, when it 1st came out.

Had other issues like sticky runway, etc.

Ended up tearing the new one out and reverting to the tried and true working one, as futzing around was yielding little in improvements...

Ok, one person then.... :haha: But you're truck were painted, right???

Did you try switching out Checkpoint 1 with Home base? ie:

[TargetArea001]

Name=Checkpoint 1

Position=435000.000000,623000.000000

Alignment=Friendly

Radius=500.000

ActiveYear=0

Location=2

Alignment=Friendly

--snip---

[TargetArea002]

Name=Home Base

Position=442000.000000,614000.000000

Radius=6000

ActiveYear=0

Location=1

Alignment=FRIENDLY

AirfieldDataFile=desert_airfield6.ini

NumSquadrons=2

Since Chkpt 1 was TargetArea002, it moves the airbase down, off the first position. Worked for me!!! :wink:

Wrench

kevin stein

No, and yes. :no: :yes:

Howzat?

There were vehicles unpainted, AFVs of some sort, IIRC, and the change of target bits changed nothing.

But I prolly typo'd or goofed in some other nonsensical way, for which I am prone.

Less of a pain to me to say bag it, and go with what works...

Another option that should work, but requires some work, is extract the lods for the vehicles, and then copy/paste all the bits -- ini, data ini, all the skin bmps and the lods, directly into the Range folder.

Test with the types ini still set to "UseGroundObejcet=TRUE", and see if they show up skinned. If not, then change the TRUE to FALSE.

That used to work in the original SF version (a million or so years ago...)

Wrench

kevin stein