Sign in to follow this  
Barkhorn1x

NHancer Settings ?

Anybody using this program? If so what are the best settings for Third Wire sims?

I have a GeForce 8600 GTS.

Thanks

I just got it after you mentioned it, I haven't even got it to work with WOI yet.

I use it for both WOI and First eagles. Here's my settings:

AA: 4X AF: 4X

Video looks great and performance is still good at these settings.

My system:

Dell 8400

Pentium 4 - 3.2 ghz

2 gig main memory

XFX Nvida 7600GT - 256 meg

Did some testing and these settings look great:

AA = 16xQ

AF = 8x

Vsync = Off

Looks like a helpfull program,only glitch I think I see is the recognised programs. Is the list it generates the programs it sees on your computer? If so, has anyone else have it tell them of programs that arent on their computer?

Looks like a helpfull program,only glitch I think I see is the recognised programs. Is the list it generates the programs it sees on your computer? If so, has anyone else have it tell them of programs that arent on their computer?

It comes w/ a bunch of pre-loads and then it runs through what's on your PC. Once it does that the first time just hit cancel - unless you added some new stuff.

I tied it with not so wonderful results. The "improvements" were not apparent, and I soon ran into failed loading of WWI.Exe. I removed this program from my system.

Win XP Pro version5.1 SP2 build 2600,

Intel mobo DG33FB

us Clock: 266 megahertz

BIOS DPP3510J.86A.0293.2007.1002.1519 10/02/2007

2.40 gigahertz Intel Pentium III

64 kilobyte primary memory cache

4096 kilobyte secondary memory cache

2 gig RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT 512 meg ram, , sb audigy 2ZS ,

NEC AccuSync 21”, Saitek Cyborg 3D Force

I'll watch with interest as other try it.

sinbad

I'll have to admit, I havent noticed any improvements, but on the other hand, I've had no problems with it.

Looks to me like nothing more than an easier front end to the Forceware driver's settings. They support game-specific settings as well, they're just not preloaded, you have to do that yourself.

Looks to me like nothing more than an easier front end to the Forceware driver's settings. They support game-specific settings as well, they're just not preloaded, you have to do that yourself.

Yep - that's it - which is good - as I find the NVidia interface to be a kludge.

Edited by Barkhorn1x

No doubt they don't have any programmers familiar with "ease of use" on staff.

NHancer is also handy to make games work which have trouble working with the latest

drivers. I myself am still a huge fan and player of Medal of honor: Allied Assault (the first MOH)

and on some point couldn't play it. NHancer makes it work by making the settings precisely

for that game. And you can also fiddle about very easily!