Sign in to follow this  
Klavs81

AIM-120 Terminal Homing

Every single time I shoot a Slammer at a Flanker, it tracks good up until about half a mile, then takes a right or left oblique and flies off into the nether regions of the world. Pulling good lead, according to Mr. Radar ball, and they'll do this from extreme range to point blank. Any thoughts, suggestions?

The Aim-9x homes wonderfully, though, even in a tight turn.

Cheers in advance!

-B

Every single time I shoot a Slammer at a Flanker, it tracks good up until about half a mile, then takes a right or left oblique and flies off into the nether regions of the world. Pulling good lead, according to Mr. Radar ball, and they'll do this from extreme range to point blank. Any thoughts, suggestions?

The Aim-9x homes wonderfully, though, even in a tight turn.

Cheers in advance!

-B

Well, problem fixed, I think. I took the weapons back down to normal. Apparently HARD=Gremlins spring to life during terminal guidance

Nope, not fixed. Happens during high lead engagements, but the targets are just cruising along doing nothing. Seems like the missile gets near it's gimbal limit then takes a dump

Got the same problem.

the AMRAAM isnt accurate at all,just try to shoot it from 0.3 miles. success quaranteed.

And wich aircraft do you fly when firing? i guess the F-22A Raptor right?

are you flying under sfp1/woe/wov?

if it's the case, there is no hope until the next patch (or if you buy woi)

in these sims radar guided missiles are useless against any plane equiped with chaffs and/or ecm

and the flanker is equiped with this kinf of stuff

in woi the things are far more balanced in all aspects. (exept the come back of the uber lima :crazy: )

Every single time I shoot a Slammer at a Flanker, it tracks good up until about half a mile, then takes a right or left oblique and flies off into the nether regions of the world.

Have you ever heard of counter measures? Apparently not. :wink:

And that's why I prefer to use guns... :biggrin:

Edited by Gocad

Sometimes I'll fire two radar guided missiles at the target, in hopes the second one will hit. It seems to work 50% of the time.

Edited by Bulldog

Have you ever heard of counter measures? Apparently not. :wink:

Really? Holy cow, what are those?!

Maybe the "Retarded" flag in the weapon.ini has more than one effect... :biggrin:

Sometimes I'll fire two radar guided missiles at the target, in hopes the second one will hit. It seems to work 50% of the time.

LOL!

Quote Brian Fantana: "50% of the time, it works every time."

I just changed their accuracy to reflect a more realistic amraam shot and i never fire one at a modern fighter, i just use the trusty gun technic: get on their six close in and hose em! works EVERY time! :clapping:

I just changed their accuracy to reflect a more realistic amraam shot and i never fire one at a modern fighter, i just use the trusty gun technic: get on their six close in and hose em! works EVERY time! :clapping:

I just changed the countercountermeasure value to 99 and robbed all my modern soviet fighters of their chaff dispensers. Now everybody's Raptor meat!

I just changed the countercountermeasure value to 99 and robbed all my modern soviet fighters of their chaff dispensers. Now everybody's Raptor meat!

not very fair :rolleyes:

Didn't need to get rid of the chaff dispensers. Just change the Seeker Track Rate to 100, make sure that Noise Rejection is set at 150, and CM Rejection is at 100. I never miss with those things after that.