Sign in to follow this  
sandpatch

Falcon 4.0 allied force

hello,

i got Falcon 4.0 a week ago and I have been playing it since then. I have done all traing missions and I have also flown a litlle bit of dogfight. Now I wanted to start with the campaign mode but I thoght that it was very difficult becouse i had difficulties to find out if the fighter (and ground artillery) where allies or enemies. My question is, did I miss something in the training or is it very difficult. If it is difficult it would be nice if someone could help me with tips or send a link to a guide witch explains how i can recognize the enemies.

Thanks in advance

//Sandpatch

Use the QWERTY keys to learn your COMM Options. Get to know AWACS real well, they can tell you if a radar contact is hostile or friendly.This is very important with realistic settings. They can also give you vectors to ground targets and the tanker as well as send you assistance and vectors to emergency landing fields.

For pilot workload Falcon does a pretty good job, Viper Pilots are busy from startup to shutdown.

Think of the big picture,AWACS,TANKER,Support Flights,Wingmen, friendly ground units in area,the whole picture.

Yep you need to use AWACs a lot to declare if the target you have bugged on radar is freind or foe.

You may be able to use labels for the time being until you know more about the game - although ive never used them myself.

Ground targets are difficult - when you fly to your target area they have sometimes moved elsewhere - so you need to use your ground radar in both moving and static modes flicking between them - once you have something lock it up get awacs to declare it.

In the non moving ground radar mode look for lines of dots which will no doubt be Army columns

While you are doing this - if you have to go below 8000ft or so stay fast and drop flares - otherwise you will get a MANPAD up your A without any warning.

You can use padlock to look at ground targets - useful if you cant find anything - also the 6 key can help you at first

For air targets just move the cursor over the yellow square on the radar and get AWACs to declare.

STT mode will sometimes give you the actual name of the locked target - if AWACs is out of range then if you do decide to fly on you can ask your wingman to attack your target - if he declines then the target is almost certainly freindly.

For ground targets the most effective way for me, if there is a large battle and the front lines are mixed up, I used padlock - its more dangerous but with a bit of practise manpads won't be a problem.

If its a clear cut mission when the target is well behind the front lines, bomb from altittude using cbu's.

For fighters it takes more practise, you need to learn to distinguish where friendly flights are and keeping a good situational awareness. Before you go to take off, look at where the friendly flights are on mission briefing, what type of flights they are, what they are doing, if they are on ingress or egress.

If you softlock a target and you noticed is comming on hot on you, then hardlock it, wait a few seconds and listen for any buddy spike calls, if no response is received then generally you are free to fire.

If a flight is medium aspect or low aspect to you, hardlock it and see what happens, if its an enemy flight it will normally manouver and start evasion procedures. (again listen for buddy spike calls)

As previously mentioned, use AWACS if you have them to declare targets, or vector to target. Get used to asking for the nearest threat aswell. Use softlock when calling awacs targets incase you upset an enemy flight and force them to engage you, which could be a problem if they are no threat, not your target and you have more important things to worry about. Softlocking them won't send their cockpit alarms going nuts.

Preach

You may be able to use labels for the time being until you know more about the game - although ive never used them myself.

Ground targets are difficult - when you fly to your target area they have sometimes moved elsewhere - so you need to use your ground radar in both moving and static modes flicking between them - once you have something lock it up get awacs to declare it.

In the non moving ground radar mode look for lines of dots which will no doubt be Army columns

While you are doing this - if you have to go below 8000ft or so stay fast and drop flares - otherwise you will get a MANPAD up your A without any warning.

You can use padlock to look at ground targets - useful if you cant find anything - also the 6 key can help you at first

I've been playing F4AF since last September, and have still not figured out how to perform intediction, and CAS missions without labels on. There is just way too much clutter on the radar scope, and even if I lock something up, I have no idea what it is. One of the things I'm thinking of trying is to carry a maverick or LGB on every CAS and interdiction mission, so I can use the image to hopefully identify the target...

I've been playing F4AF since last September, and have still not figured out how to perform intediction, and CAS missions without labels on. There is just way too much clutter on the radar scope, and even if I lock something up, I have no idea what it is. One of the things I'm thinking of trying is to carry a maverick or LGB on every CAS and interdiction mission, so I can use the image to hopefully identify the target...

Zoom in on the ground radar. Use dbs1 or dbs2 to make it easier, make sure high enough and slow enough so you can look at, understand and analyse the ground radar before flying past the suspected targets. Even if you fly past them, dont touch the radar so the azimuth is still trying to track the target area, make some distance and come back around to get it on your nose, double check and adjust your scanning range, zoom in (remember each resolution can only support certain distances of scanning), then start analysing your target group. The better the resolution, the much more easily you can see individual targets, but its also easier to fly past the target.

Mavs are good enough for CAS, for interdiction missions, generally speaking the targets are well away from your ground forces so you can deploy CBU's (remember attack along the line and not perpendicular to the lines - maximum damage from CBU's)and not worry so much about friendly fire. Interdiction missions are close enough to search and destroy, you'll be looking for a large column of ground units moving (normally towards the front line- but double check the briefing). You will have to zoom the ground radar to see the column correctly, otherwise it'll look nothing more than a blob on the default scan settings.

Preach

Edited by Preacher

Zoom in on the ground radar. ...You will have to zoom the ground radar to see the column correctly, otherwise it'll look nothing more than a blob on the default scan settings.

Preach

Hmmm. That makes a lot of sense. I haven't really tried that at all. I'm going to give it a try next time!

THX, for the help !!! Unfortunately i wont be able to use that information becouse my computer broke down and i have to buy a new one :cray: