Sign in to follow this  

J-5A(NEW 3D MODEL)

J-5A of the PLAAF

Important note!

Don`t use this addon for any commercial use,or any use against China or the PLA and so on.

You can make skins for this aircraft freely,but if you post this addon to other places,please announce that it is made by

fallout3 from CombatACE and the insky forum.

If you want to modify and upload it,please ask for my permission by the CombatACE forum message.

Important installation notes.

I used the ww2pilot as default.

F-16 AB effects needed

Drop the original skins of the default MiG-17F to the skin folder!!

MiG-21 seat needed.

Cockpit files are not included,and I suggest you use the MiG-19P cockpit on CombatACE.

The JJ-5 will be released soon!

Happy hunting then,Thanks.

Hey Fallout3,

Thank you for finally bringing us a MiG with a fixed radar nose! Cudo's to you!

Only one question: Do you have a skin file for the fuselage better than the

one included? The one included doesn't do justice to your work and

makes the fuselage look choppy and ugly. If you do have it, can you change the

attached file and include it please??

Cheers mate!

It sure would have been nice to see a complet package, not one that needs completed before using. By that I mean including the afterburner effects, pilot seat and cockpit files and everything else to make this a completed project. You gonna go to this much effort, you might as well do it right.

It sure would have been nice to see a complet package, not one that needs completed before using. By that I mean including the afterburner effects, pilot seat and cockpit files and everything else to make this a completed project. You gonna go to this much effort, you might as well do it right.

Although maybe not your cup of tea, It is a bit too harsh to make that statement that way.

IMHO we should be happy with every nice mod created, incomplete or not. If other

things are needed but not included, but can be found somewhere else AND if it is

mentioned (as is in this case) I think nothing's wrong.

I hope you didn't mean any harm, and I hope you will enjoy every little effort

made and put on this forum! I know I am!

I bet you know yourself what kind of work and trouble goes inside a succesful mod!

Cheers mate, no pun intended!

Edited by muesli

I hope you didn't mean any harm, and I hope you will enjoy every little effort

made and put on this forum! I know I am!

You are absolutely right museli. First let me say, fallout3, welcome to the club. And thank you very much for your work. It is indeed very much appreciated and I hope you stay with this. :good: We need all the modders we can get. May I request in the future though, when you do post a mod make it complete. And if there is a missing part or something include a link directing people to it. Please don't fall into the habit of posting incomplete stuff. The reason I ask this is threefold. First, it makes things much easier for our new members when they get a complete mod with well written instructions. We don't need to be discouraging those people. Secondly it becomes a bit confusing to others when they have to complete your project. Do they have to ask for permission to do that? And once he completes your mod, who's is it? There's no reason to enter into this grey area when it can be avoided. And thirdly, a complete mod makes for "standardization" for those folks who want to use it in multiplay, avoiding all those associated pitfalls. Please don't think I'm singling you out on this, I'm not. I've noticed others doing this as well and this request is directed at them also. Your idea of including only one skin is brilliant in my opinion in that it keeps the download small making is easier for those folks who are saddled with dialup. Skins can be posted seperately for those wanting to add to it. Again thank you very much for your mod and please don't let guys like Doghouse discourage

you. :salute:

A full, complete readme would be nice, too.....in fact, ANY kind of readme included with the package would be a step in the right direction.

-------

EDIT:

Ok, here's a little comparison. The first image is Madcaddies mod of Pasko's 17PFU, with my 1024x natural metal skin. It's a stand-alone aircraft for the PLAAF, it's called strangly enough, J-5A Fresco-D. This one has been available for over 4 years; the version shown has had all the upgrades to the data, loadout and avionics inis as per some of my other MiG Fixes. Unfortunately, it uses the 17PFU nose-cone additions, preventing the use of PLAAF bort numbers.

17pfu_pasko-mod.jpg

You can see the 'new' one in the background for another comparison.

Here's the new J-5A, close up. Same aircraft as seen above.

j5a_new.jpg

The wings, tail are again my 1024x stock MiG-17F skin. That 'body' skin has absolutely GOT to go!!! Several parts are totally unmapped (ie: unpainted).

While I applaud the efforts shown; a fully nosed, radar equiped Fresco D/E has been wanted by the community for nearly the 5 years the sim has been out, THIS one needs to go back into the shop for repairs. The 'body' needs to be completly remaped, then unwrapped again, and have some nice new lines drawn in that at least some close to matching the original Fresco's skin bmps.

--other comments edited out for good taste----

I'm keeping to my Pasko/Madcaddie mod, even without the bort numbers.

Wrench

kevin stein