Sign in to follow this  
DeatWing

Sparrow not showing on any aircraft!

Hi guys, I'm not new to WOV-WOE and I just reinstalled them, last week, bought WOI as well. I installed both weapons pack (including MF one) and since then, all my sparrows have disappeared from my aircraft. They are not showing at all but I can fire them no problem and I even see from my pit them when I launch them!

I also have several packs installed, including NATO 1 and 2 and a few other aircraft as well.

Anyone has any idea what's wrong?

Chris

Looks to be some conflict in the weapon packs maybe after WOI install. You may have to uninstall the packs 1 at a time to track down the "BAD" pack good luck.

Hi there, welcome to Combatace.

I think the problem is that you have all the different weapon packs installed at the same time. They are mutually exclusive. Also, Nato Fighters 1 & 2 is not compatible with the separate wep packs.

The thing to do is make a separate install for only Nato Fighters 1 & 2. Everything is set up so it should work fine on its own. Treat it as a separate game.

Then, decide if you want to use either Bunyap's pack or TMF's pack. Make a new, clean, install of your game, add only one wep pack to it. The wep packs change all the soviet designations of the missiles, so you will need to update the _data.ini files of your soviet aircraft or their missiles won't show up. It is all explained in detail right here:-

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=18346

I'n not sure of there is any way to "fix" your current install, the Sparrows not showing up is probably just one symptom of mixing the wep packs and Nato Fighters. There may be other problems, like your Soviet birds not going properly armed.

Happy tweaking :wink::biggrin:

Thanks for your help guys, it's what I feared... I have reinstalled everything with patches and the aim-7 shows fine. Installed MF weapon pack and they still show. Myguess is the Nato 1 and 2 campaigns (haven't tried installing them yet). I just need to check WoI with the weapon pack and see if there are other issues.

Thanks again all,

Chris

DeatWing....listen very carefully.

Do NOT install Nato Fighters 1 and/or 2 in your modded WOV/WOE directory...you WILL screw up WOV/WOE.

Nato Fighters 1 and 2 is meant to be put in it's own WOE install...make a separate WOE install, then install Nato Fighters into it.

FastCargo

DeatWing....listen very carefully.

Do NOT install Nato Fighters 1 and/or 2 in your modded WOV/WOE directory...you WILL screw up WOV/WOE.

Nato Fighters 1 and 2 is meant to be put in it's own WOE install...make a separate WOE install, then install Nato Fighters into it.

FastCargo

Hey FC, I figured that much and wasn't going to install it until I'm done with WoE! :haha::-) It's a shame as this new stuff is great... oh well, till next time!

Cheers

Why?

You can have multiple installs on the same computer...

Ask some guys here...they have LOTS!

FastCargo

Why?

You can have multiple installs on the same computer...

Ask some guys here...they have LOTS!

FastCargo

:biggrin:

Amen to that :biggrin:

FE+EP+Patch 1.1Gb

Falklands '82 1.4Gb

Harrier 2.0 campaign

Korean Air War 1.1Gb

Nato Fighters 2 5.4Gb

Heavily Modded SFP1 "Base" install 11.4Gb

WW2 ETO 3.2Gb

WW2 MTO 3.4Gb

WW2 PTO 3.7Gb

WW2 Eastern Front 2.4Gb

Combined WoV/WoE 7.32Gb

"Vanilla" SFP1 (I went all retro suddenly) 1.6Gb

Plus a couple of "test" installs, so it's OK if I break things, and a couple of backup installs on a separate HDD.

Hang on, I must be missing few here. Where's OTC2? And Vietnam 1984? And I'm long overdue a dedicated Middle east install - oh yeah, WoI needs added to the list. Oh, happy times ahead :biggrin::good::biggrin:

LOL... ok, I get your point... I just wasn<t sure if it would screw up somehow... but it looks pretty safe so I'll install them as well.

Thanks guys for making me see the light! :ok:

Cheers

:biggrin::good: 13 Installs

23 installs (between FE, SF,WoV,WoE, WoI) -- lots are for aircraft testing, mods, and One (1) each stock for patching.

Wrench

kevin stein

Some of you guys need to get out more. . .

Actually, no, or else, where would we get our mods :biggrin::good:

I have been building up a "modern" combined WoV/WoE install over the last few days, and trawling around, checking out what's available here, makes me realise how much dedication goes in to maintaining all of this. So, to Wrench & Dave, thanks for everything, but recently, in particular, that whole KB article on _data.ini and _loadout.ini updates for Buny's wep pack, and all the a/c you have put together, and packaged up for the rest of us to enjoy.

Example:- Took my RAF Tornado out for a spin (fully updated with the 'winder rails) and ran into a big bunch of Foxbats on patrol. Long range missile interceptors vs ground attack planes pretending to be fighters, got very messy very quickly - but what a blast :biggrin: Talk about furballs :blink:

So, thanks for all of that :biggrin::good:

And to get vaguely back on topic:-

Deatwing, it's all in the KB, but generally the best way to handle multiple installs is to do the "grunt" work by creating a stock, patched up install of whatever game, from your install disk. Then zip it somewhere safe, and anytime you need a new install, unzip it to a new directory. Create a shortcut to the new .exe, and you have a whole new install to play with. As you will see, there are good reasons for having plenty of different installs to play with :biggrin:

Some of you guys need to get out more. . .

Actually, no, or else, where would we get our mods :biggrin::good:

I have been building up a "modern" combined WoV/WoE install over the last few days, and trawling around, checking out what's available here, makes me realise how much dedication goes in to maintaining all of this. So, to Wrench & Dave, thanks for everything, but recently, in particular, that whole KB article on _data.ini and _loadout.ini updates for Buny's wep pack, and all the a/c you have put together, and packaged up for the rest of us to enjoy.

Example:- Took my RAF Tornado out for a spin (fully updated with the 'winder rails) and ran into a big bunch of Foxbats on patrol. Long range missile interceptors vs ground attack planes pretending to be fighters, got very messy very quickly - but what a blast :biggrin: Talk about furballs :blink:

So, thanks for all of that :biggrin::good:

And to get vaguely back on topic:-

Deatwing, it's all in the KB, but generally the best way to handle multiple installs is to do the "grunt" work by creating a stock, patched up install of whatever game, from your install disk. Then zip it somewhere safe, and anytime you need a new install, unzip it to a new directory. Create a shortcut to the new .exe, and you have a whole new install to play with. As you will see, there are good reasons for having plenty of different installs to play with :biggrin:

I have to agree with Bltika on that one... and if I could, i would chain you all up to your computers so you can bring us more quality add-ons!!! :rofl:

I'll try the "zip-the-directory" thing soon... since I'm messing around with them alot these days, at lesat, it won't take me forever to reinstall everything if something goes wrong!

On a side note, am I correct in assuming that any plane will work with WOI or may some problems arise?

Thanks for all your help.

Edited by DeatWing

On a side note, am I correct in assuming that any plane will work with WOI or may some problems arise?

As I understand it, some add-ons are specifically designed for WoI - e.g. craigbrierley's EF 2000, although you can get it working in WoE easily enough.

OTOH, some of the add-ons will display strange behaviour in WoI, as WoI has significantly developed the flight engine characteristics. In particular, prop FMs are handled much differently, so, for now, the older WW2 birds are not recommended for use in WoI.

So. . . it depends on the individual add-on. Your mileage may vary.