I recently bought GRID after seeing the movie IRONMAN with a bud of mine over the weekend. I played the demo and was impressed. However, in the demo I thought the AI was good. But in the full game I thought the AI was too aggressive. Some times I found myself getting smacked on purpose from the AI. Even get sidewiped to hit a wall or a barrier. Hell I got spin out on purpose on one race. This is on basic skill level. Is the skill level or am I seeing things? At first I thought the AI for demo derby got mixed in the racing AI. I should of gotten prostreet. At least the ai in there won't smack you on purpose.

Falcon

Thought about getting it but it doesnt let you customize your car which is a must for me! I think im just gonna wait til Gran Turismo 5 comes out cause if im not mistaken it has full customization.

Guest pfunkmusik

The hyperagressive AI in GRID is a holdover from the hyperaggressive AI that was characteristic of all TOCA games. It was like every driver out there was trying to kill you. Theoretically, the manual said that if you never bumped anyone, they'd never bump you, but that was virtually impossible given the nature of some of the tracks.

pfunk

The hyperagressive AI in GRID is a holdover from the hyperaggressive AI that was characteristic of all TOCA games. It was like every driver out there was trying to kill you. Theoretically, the manual said that if you never bumped anyone, they'd never bump you, but that was virtually impossible given the nature of some of the tracks.

pfunk

Ah ok good. Thought I was seeing things. Yeah some of the tracks are impossible to avoid hitting cars. Another thing I don't like about GRID is there's no practice lap option to learn the tracks (ie no ai cars, just you and the track).

Falcon

Edited by FalconCAF

I'm enjoying Race 07 right now for its AI, the best I've seen in a racing sim. It's by no means perfect or ideal, but it's got fewer problems than all the rest, so therefore it's the best. :grin:

I have Race Driver 06 for my PSP, basically "TOCA mobile" and the AI there wasn't nearly as good.

Thought about getting it but it doesnt let you customize your car which is a must for me! I think im just gonna wait til Gran Turismo 5 comes out cause if im not mistaken it has full customization.

How much customization do you need? If you start an offline career you get to choose a three tone custom paint scheme, number, and graphics on your car. Work through a few offline races and you'll get sponsor offers so you can have sponsor logos on the car. Your graphics will appear on every car you choose to drive after that....even when you race online after you set up your team car for the offline career.

GRID is pretty fun, but it is definately not a simulation. It's just a fun arcade game. The graphics and damage are worth it to me...plus it's just cool to go out and have some fun rather than always working on more serious setups and stuff on my other driving sims. :biggrin:

GRID is pretty fun, but it is definately not a simulation. It's just a fun arcade game. The graphics and damage are worth it to me...plus it's just cool to go out and have some fun rather than always working on more serious setups and stuff on my other driving sims. :biggrin:

Amen Weasel. The "game" is what I want from a game...mindless fun. I've been running multiplayer with some buds and haven't had that much fun or laughed so hard in years. It's no sim and I don't think it's ever been presented that way. It is plain old arcade fun with great graphics, damage, and runs smooth as silk both single and mplayer. I'm enjoying the single player as a change of pace. It's the only chance I'll get to blow millions of $$ on cars, hiring and firing teammates. It ain't for the hardcore drivers but it is a damn good time.

Well I need to be able to start from a bone stock car and make it the way I want it or it just seems dull