Sign in to follow this  
Firecage

Cambrai Plane Fest

Cambrai France

January 1 1916

The new campaign is now ready to Download as soon as its approved....

Here

This campaign works on FE + Exp pack and FE+Exp+April Patch

The plane sets as follows:

1. Dh2

2. F2B

3. Fe8

4. Pup

5. CamelF1_110

6. Triplane

7. CamelF1_130

8. SE5a

9. CamelF1_150

10. Nieuport11

11. Nieuport17

12. N24

13. N24bis

14. SPAD13

15. N28

16. HalbD3

17. AlbatrosD1

18. AlbatrosD2

19. PfalzD3

20. AlbatrosD3

21. AlbatrosD3OAW

22. AlbatrosD5

23. AlbatrosD5a

24. PfalzD8

25. FokkerD7F

26. Snipe

27. RE8

28. BE2

29. Re8

30. Salmson2A

31. Ca3

32. HP400

33. Walfisch

34. AviatikC2

35. DFWC5

36. AEG_G4

37. Staaken

38. GothaGIV

The are also two additional packs included with the download.

1) The cambrai_targets.ini file to add many extra ground, balloons and AAA nests.

2) A new sound pack for FE planes to add realism for the sound of the game.

As always if there are issues leave me a msg here and I will try and get the problem sorted out.

Enjoy :clapping::good:

Hi Firecage many thanks for all the hard work you put in.

Now my friend is there any order for installing FE and the EXP PACK (The one I purchased) and the April update. Plus the Extra Planes.

I have downloaded all the planes. And raring to go.

Thanks again.

Yes I would suggest the orig FE install, then the exp pack then the april patch.

That should get ya going in short order.

Let me know if ya have any problems.

First class never enjoyed FE so much THANKS. Great Campain.

Thanks for the comments friends. :good:

I wanted it to be fun above everything else. :biggrin:

I know Peter has kinda retired but I always wonder if he might tackle all those early war planes for the april patch when he gets bored one day :blink: Oh my ... did I say that out loud ? :rofl:

Anyways keep flying and die well.... at least thats what I do alot :haha:

It is a good day to die...but the day is not yet over!

Actually the way I die most often is some enemy plane ramming me. They seem to have zero idea of self preservation :no:

I seem to be the only one in my games who has a reason to live :rofl::haha::blink:

Just a fast note for those who don't know.

The terrain mods seem to be working well such as the mod for ground troops (link below) that move and can be tragets.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=29097

Capun and Ateam have some sweet tank mods to add in.... plently of others with more dense damage smoke, damage from guns etc.... Look around the DL area and you will find many worthy mods. Everyone one in the FE area seems to work just fine in these campaigns I have.

Another way to get deeper feel is to put a bunch of paint jobs to each squad so as you fight you will encounter different squad colors and after a bit you start noticing your rivals alot. I ahve about 15 different paints for each plane in this campaign so I see alot of vaiation in skins during each mission. Its great to see the different colors flying by. I also have quite a few aces skins that are easy to spot if your playing on hard as I do with no text boxes or anything other than locks and visuals.

I have a sound pack in this DL as well so if you do the small change in the data file you will get where you know whats planes are near just by the way they sound :good: and thats real damn cool

Another great mod is the thick black smoke thats here at CA... its really easy to see an amzing difference when ya hit a plane with a good shot.

Last off... I suggest if you can .... add some armor to plane parts or weaken bullet damage or something like that. THe Dmg model is still to easy to blow planes apart. I went to an extreme and beefed up every part in most planes by quite a bit. I have to riddle a plane full of holes to get him down now days but, its more a challenge and the kill ratio is more in line with real numbers from that era.

I also made bomber gunners leathal as hell... If you attack solo on a bomber grp in my game your probably dead meat pretty fast.

Anyways add mods and have more fun...... I dont have many pilots that live through to the end of this campaign at all. if you do the no refly thing then living to the end doesn't happen often ... or at least for me it doesn't :wink:

Thanks for the comments friends. :good:

I wanted it to be fun above everything else. :biggrin:

I know Peter has kinda retired but I always wonder if he might tackle all those early war planes for the april patch when he gets bored one day :blink: Oh my ... did I say that out loud ? :rofl:

Anyways keep flying and die well.... at least thats what I do alot :haha:

Nah mate, haven't retired.

Getting back into FE, and doing a few things.

But not for the April 08 Patch. No point. Its an interim version and the next one, maybe soon, could mean changes to the FMs again. Its almost a certainty.

Thanks for the campaigns, I'll be sure to try them out.

SO your playing mostly the exp pack without the april patch ? Just checking to keep up with what everyone is using

SO your playing mostly the exp pack without the april patch ? Just checking to keep up with what everyone is using

April patch will not install onto the EXP PACK FOR me comes up game is up to date.

Thanks for great campain and Peter thanks for some very nice FM's

This sim just get better thanks to you guys.

April patch will not install onto the EXP PACK FOR me comes up game is up to date.

Thanks for great campain and Peter thanks for some very nice FM's

This sim just get better thanks to you guys.

Thanks re FMs, have improved them, and will be posting on this shortly.

Thats interesting about patch not installing. I do many installs, reinstalls etc, never had that problem.

Are you sure its not installed? On the Main Screen, Bottom Right Hand corner it will state either "Oct 2007" or "Apr 2008".