I am trying to create a 3-view setup in 3DS Max 2009. I have the maps assigned to the 3 planes. The problem is, I can't get the diagram maps to show in the views. They just show as white. Has anyone else had this problem?

Scrapper

post-19515-1214356290_thumb.jpg

I am trying to create a 3-view setup in 3DS Max 2009. I have the maps assigned to the 3 planes. The problem is, I can't get the diagram maps to show in the views. They just show as white. Has anyone else had this problem?

Scrapper

From my limited knowledge, looking at the picture you provided, nothing seems to be wrong. What you can try is:

-Deselecting the Self-illumination box

-Converting the plane to a mesh and UVWMapping it

Dels

Meshes arent supposed to show up with textures on the default settings. I havent touched 3dsmax in years but there are settings for each viewport that allow you to change this.

Meshes arent supposed to show up with textures on the default settings. I havent touched 3dsmax in years but there are settings for each viewport that allow you to change this.

I tried every setting in the viewports and negative. I tried changing lighting settings and negative. When I apply a uv map it is still doesn't show anything in the views. It does however show in the render. I am getting frustrated.

Scrapper

Right click on the top left corner of the viewport window and select "configuration". A tab opens, on wich there´s a box with "deactivate textures". Check it, since this must be unselected. That would be the only problem, i would see so far. (The names might be different, as i am using the german 3ds MAX!)

click on the M ...on the material editor Diffuse button...where you add a bitmap.....and when it opens ...click on the blue white chequered square and then re click the add material to scene button.....

you should then see the bitmaps on the planes

I do this...create a plane...same size as bitmap...tho metres in max equals pixels of bitmap...apply it to the plane....and you have it exact size....then just rescale the bitmap to square...the size of the a\c you are going to make...ie...L W and height...

then its ready to model....this way you dont have to worry

Edited by russouk2004

First, thank you all for trying to help. The "show standard map in viewport button", is on. The "deactivate texture" box is off. It is strange, because I set the object colors to grey. When I add the textures it just makes them white. You cannot see the black outlines of the plane in the bitmap.

Scrapper

What resolution is the bitmap and what size is the plane?

It may be showing up properly but the outlines may be just too blurred away to display. There's a checkbox under viewport rendering for using bitmap resolution that might help.