Sign in to follow this  
Rambler 1-1

Back to the... well, past.

As some of you may have noticed (probably not- but "As most of you didn't notice" sounds like a crappy way to start a paragraph) , I was gone for a while after a virus and subsequent hard drive crash that no ammount of backing up could have prevented. However, perserverance prevailed and I got this thing I call a computer back online. No more mods for me, this thing just goes belly-up as soon as I put in anything new. Anyway, I got back on here and I noticed that a few things have changed.

First, where the heck is USAFBLT, and who's this "Dave" guy?

Second, all these guys who were "junior members" when I last saw them have now graduated to "Elite Members" and the like. They grow up so fast! :grandpa:

Third, what's the deal with the new smilies? like who the heck is gonna use :tumbleweed: or :seks: on a regular basis?

next, I noticed that somebody finally called themselves "New Guy". Way to go, buddy.

Is Baghdad Bob still trying to Jihad us all into oblivion?

Also, NO ARROW YET?!?!?!

And who here is not running a freaking supercomputer?

I could go on... the more I look through here the more questions I have.

First, where the heck is USAFBLT, and who's this "Dave" guy?

LOL very funny... I am still here.

Dave USAFMTL Slavens

Tisk Tisk, still giving out personal information over the internet, I see. :tongue:

Hey, what happened to RunsWithScissors, he helped me out back when I was looking for a new video card. And what about that chick who flew the spads? you guys scare her off? the name eludes me.

Tisk Tisk, still giving out personal information over the internet, I see. :tongue:

Hey, what happened to RunsWithScissors, he helped me out back when I was looking for a new video card. And what about that chick who flew the spads? you guys scare her off? the name eludes me.

Not a secret who I am. :biggrin: I have a lot of friends and enemies too.

you still haven't awnsered any of my questions, Dave, if that is your real name. Personally I feel kind of weird calling a person I've never even met by their first name. But Mr. Slavens sounds weird too. And I don't want to have to call anybody "sir" over the internet.

It was a lot easier just to say "'MTL".

I feel your troubles. I know what it's like to have a temperamental system. As one who has escaped from that Gulag, I can assure you that it is doable. It's beautiful on the other end of the tunnel.

well well well, if it isn't Pants himself. How's the Airzoo? You know, your signature is supporting what I said about bloody supercomputers.

you still haven't awnsered any of my questions, Dave, if that is your real name. Personally I feel kind of weird calling a person I've never even met by their first name. But Mr. Slavens sounds weird too. And I don't want to have to call anybody "sir" over the internet.

It was a lot easier just to say "'MTL".

I retired the name after I got off active duty and went into the reserves

lol. seems like just yesterday...I was the FNG. You old timers have helped a lot over these past months. :clapping:

well well well, if it isn't Pants himself. How's the Airzoo? You know, your signature is supporting what I said about bloody supercomputers.

The Air Zoo is quite fantastic, my good Rambler.

My system is hardly a supercomputer. In fact, she putters out running X-Wing Alliance.

lol. seems like just yesterday...I was the FNG. You old timers have helped a lot over these past months. :clapping:

You still smell like old cheese Viper.....wash eh? :biggrin::rofl::haha:

but i like old cheeze! lol :rofl::haha:

whoa, whoa, whoa. Old timers? I still feel like a n00b, despite that thing over there <--- telling me that I'm "Elite". When did that happen anyway? Also, Help? I know that 'MTL-Up-untill-he-went-into-the-reserves has always lent a hand, but me? All I do is post pictures and grump about things, like my slow computer and the LACK OF AN AVRO ARROW! see?

The Air Zoo is quite fantastic, my good Rambler.

My system is hardly a supercomputer. In fact, she putters out running X-Wing Alliance.

compared to my box, the commodore 64 is a supersomputer. At least you have 2.4 GHz... that's 2.4072 times more powerful than mine. X-Wing Alliance? good game. Although why do you need wings in space?

Yes that is true, but, it shows me how and what not to do! :rofl: You guys are great!

compared to my box, the commodore 64 is a supersomputer. At least you have 2.4 GHz... that's 2.4072 times more powerful than mine. X-Wing Alliance? good game. Although why do you need wings in space?

For pushing against the aether. :D

Is Baghdad Bob still trying to Jihad us all into oblivion?

On vacation and speaking tour.

Our resident Spad Girl now has shortened to "NFG", but she's not around as much as she used to be. I thought she said something about her personal life (ie away from the PC) getting more busy, so that's to be expected.

I'm still here...just hanging over the precipice of life without a 'chute.

Hi Rambler. :good:

Third, what's the deal with the new smilies? like who the heck is gonna use :tumbleweed: or :seks: on a regular basis?

Will try and use the tumble weed more will come in handy for when Im trying to be funny

As for seks on a regular basis - probably not as there are a lot of married and single people here :tumbleweed:

What the heck? Since when did Coolhand change his name?

What the heck? Since when did Coolhand change his name?

2 or 3 weeks ago :blink:

hey, Viggie! long time no see! How's that Prowler intake? Still in Blue squad, I see.

And, uhhh... what's NFG stand for? I have a feeling that I either should know by now or that I'm not supposed to know.