Hello again gentlemen,

I recently downloaded the California terrain which includes the Nike bases. My problem is that the Nikes launch but make no attempt to track a target. They just go straight up into the air. When I first got the terrain I changed the angle of the missles to their real life nearly vertical launch position. I don't think that would cause a problem since the missles failed the very first time they were used from the SA-2 laucher's stock allowable angles. The missle should launch and turn in the direction of the target. I monkeyed with the seeker head angles and what not but still no kill with a Nike. I looked thru this forum and found no post dealing with this problem so if I missed it I'm sorry but I would appreciate it if any of you guys might have any ideas. I have WOE patched and the weapons pack. Nothing fancy. Thanks in advance.

Mike

That's why i preffer adidas :rofl: :rofl:

lol

when i used it with tainted cigar it works fine...

you tried it wich game?

btw witch plane you was using? do you used countermeasures? did you did evasive maneuvers?

those old sams doesn't have a good pk

It has been a while since I monkeyed with an object, but you should take a look at the ini file and see if there is a track radar associated with the launcher and make sure that the radar is "networked" to the launcher. There is a file in the knowledge base on how to network radars to AAA and SAM sites.

Trust me, they're networked!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

The first plane I flew was the IL-28 so nothing new or fancy. I tend to fly the older planes most of the time anyway. Yeah, I believe they are networked like Wrench said but I'll go back and check. Another thing I noticed was that they sometimes would launch against low flying planes that seemed to be within their minimum launch distance but I could be wrong. The enemy planes looked awfully close to the launchers.

One other question I have is where is the Nike skin located? I thought about changing it to look more like the real thing since the original in the game is white with a red booster. I looked all over the place but couldn't locate it.

I'll go back and check everything out.

Thanks again.

Mike

Dosen't have a skin, just the colored material applied to the "Hercules.LOD"

And don't forget, depending on what year you're flying in, those Nikes are backed up by HAWKS. Which are also networked.

Wrench

kevin stein

The Nike was a designed to be a nuke-tipped bomber killer with proximity fusing. Proximity in this case being defined as anything inside of 1 NM! Later versions that were sold to our allies and sported conventional warheads were (maybe) about as accurate as an SA-2B....but I have my doubts about that.

That's what the Hawk is for....

Then, of course, the HAWKs are backed up by conventional AAA. Listing only those available as GroundObjects:

Bofors

90mm US

M-55

M-42

M-35 Gun Truck

Stinger sites

Wrench

kevin stein