Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

F-82 Twin Mustang Skin & Ini Update Pak

F-82 Twin Mustang Skin & Ini Update Pak

F-82G Twin Mustang, 4th AWS Skin and Ini Update Pak for SF, WoV & WoE

This little package will update Pasko's Twin Mustang and bring it to a more up-to-date level. I've "peaked and tweeked" the data, avionics, loadout, weapons (you'll be using the weapons editor to update the radar pod). I've also created new decals; serial numbers, buzz numbers, and nose arts --several of which are BRAND new, never before seen- and some, obviously reused from other projects. You all know how I JUST hate to waste good decals.... The original skin bmps are needed, excepting the 'body.bmp', but I've included them all anyway, as I've made a few changes to them. You have serial and buzz numbers for 24 aircraft, including a new 'stripe' decal for the Squadron/Flight leader. Hence the repainted 'body.bmp'.

The skin folder included is designed to replace the "USAF Black" folder in it's entirety; full instructions on how to backup the original are in the "To Install" section below. I've included all the skin bmps (all credit goes to Gramps for them), simply to make it easier for you to install this package. It 'represents' aircraft from the 4th All Weather Squadron, as based in Japan and Korea during the early days of the Korean War. I say represents, as there may be some inaccuricies in some of the nose arts (!!!duh!!!), and serial numbers. The serial and buzz numbers ARE accurate, in that they ARE real ones used on F-82Gs, but I'm just not sure which actual unit used them.

Landing lights have been added, as well as seats for pilot/radar operator to sit on. It uses the stock "F-100seat", and should be available in every version of the game. I've also included my damage tgas, for that shot up look...

=You MUST have the Bunyap Weapons Pak to have the WW2/Post-War weapons!!! I've not included any of the weapons needed for this aircraft, so you'll need to have the F-82 installed FIRST before installing this Update Pak.=

IMPORTANT: This aircraft is designed to be used in SF/WoV/WoE -ONLY-, as WoI has almost complety trashed the WW2-ish/propeller plane flight models. If you attempt to use this in WoI, you do so at your own risk.

So, you know the drill -- READ the enclosed readme, it's got all the necessary instructions to install this update.

Happy Hunting!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Excelent :yes: !!! Very welcome update! BTW, the F-82 model has 2 weird probs... We cannot see the radar operator while in the cockpit. The other is one of the left wing pylon - it´s white (perhaps a 3D mapping issue). Anyway, I enjoy it very much! Thanks Wrench :biggrin::clapping: !!!

Just found this (peeking back a few weeks). Thanks!

Whilch...add SeatID=1 and 2 as below. Also, these are correct pilot positions but they interfere with external model, which forces you to turn OFF the external fuselage boom, but then you lose the prop disc in front of you. So I fly inside the external model with frameless P-51 cockpit panel. Link discussing this below...

Scroll down a bit to F-82 ~> http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p...=a&start=40

[Pilot]

SystemType=PILOT_COCKPIT

SeatID=1

Position=-2.26, -0.36, 0.60

PilotModelName=WW2Pilot.LOD

MinExtentPosition=-2.51, 0.42,-0.12

MaxExtentPosition=-2.01, 0.01, 0.82

etc...

:

:

[Pilot2]

SystemType=PILOT_COCKPIT