Sign in to follow this  
racinglad

AddOns

Can anyone show me how to install skins, addons, sounds and that ordenance pack on Gamers tools on FalconAF?

Anymore cool addons anyone can steer me to besides those in The Gamers Tool?

Saludos.

You need to install the skin pack installer from the gamers tools for the skins - and I think there is a mod pack installer too -

However they both come with good instructions in pdfs so just follow them.

(Download the skins you want (.skn files) to a single folder IMO)

You really need to get the Terrain HiTiles for AF if you can - so worth it http://www.hitiles.com/indexF4AF.htm

If you want a 3D pit upgrade then Zerk has done a free pit - see some old threads below

Edited by MigBuster

Sounds are just copy and paste into the right directory - backup the originals.

For ordinance and aircraft skins, use the skinpack installer (as mentioned above) - this is time consuming when you're doing the ordinance because it backs it up before over-writing and you must do 1 weapon at a time.. and don't forget to tick all the boxes to the right of the actual skin to ensure its installed across all aircraft, from all views/angles.

There is'nt alot else out there, apart from hi-tiles, pits and new theatres.

For maxmium enjoyment, join a squadron and fly with out people on missions etc ^^

Preach

EDIT: Smoke trails and some explosion and fire textures are also copy and paste, just find the right directory.

EDIT: With all of the above done.. life sucks when a new patch some out, you'll have to do most of it again.

Edited by Preacher

I downloaded that skinpack thingy and I´m having trouble actually finding the right files.

On the Directory button, when I press that it won´t recognize any skin at all.

Where should I download the skin before installing it to the game?

Did you hit the backup button? - dont think anything works till you do that

you should then be able to browse to whereever you put the skins after hitting the "Directory" button - then selecting from the drop down list - (They must be .skn files)

Edited by MigBuster

I clicked on the backup button and then tried to browse for the skin on the Directory option put it just won´t pick it up. Even though I keep clicking on the filke where I placed the skin in.

Your using SkinPack Installer V1.0 yeah

Click on the "Directory" button and select the folder where you have placed the skins

Then click on the down arrow next to the drop down box.

If no entries appear then the skins you have in that folder are in the wrong format or they are not for AF. Are they defo .skn files or are they .zips?

Then it wont work - they have to be .skn as ive said

Tell me exactly what files are in one of the zip files.

It´s a MiG-29 skin for the N. Korean Air Force...

I also have the weapons skin for the F-16

It´s a MiG-29 skin for the N. Korean Air Force...

I also have the weapons skin for the F-16

either give us a list of the files in the zip file, a direct link to where you got that skin from, or send it in a PM

It's a bit late in the day and I might be misunderstanding all this but it seems to me that you haven't UNZIPPED the skins to a folder before attempting to install them.

Unzip 1st then search for them with the skin installer package , if you haven't already done this ofc.