Sign in to follow this  
Jimbib

Airbus A400M Roll-Out

here's a dumb question, but does this mean that one of the pilots has to be left-handed?

a400mcockpitao7.th.jpg

The bbc have an article on that today - its made of Carbon Fibre which reduces its weight a lot apparently

here's a dumb question, but does this mean that one of the pilots has to be left-handed?

Not unless he can reach over to the other side I guess

:biggrin:

a400mcockpitao7.th.jpg

Nope! :) The other FBW 'buses also utilize left handed sticks, as does the C-17. I imagine that it would take some getting used to though. In most airplanes (fighters aside) , the pilot/captain/aircraft commander sits on the left side, using his left hand for flight controls, and his right for power controls (throttle, props, mixure).

Yep, dwcace is correct. Very few large aircraft controls are 'unmirrored'...ie you can use the same hand.

The B-1 is an exception...it has dual throttles, so a person can sit in either seat with no additional training.

FastCargo

looks like a mixture of sevral transport combined into one...

parts of it remind me the C-130 and C-5\C-17

thanks for the article :)

Edited by Nesher

Look at the engines....are they recontra-rotating propellers?

look to the propelers, they looks like are in another direction one from other...

Last week, we stopped over at Moron AB near Seville. They had one of the A400 engines on a run stand. Apparently, it's really behind schedule and the first flight has been pushed back (as was said in the article) because of it.

Interesting looking aircraft though.

The C130 with the A400 engine on it hasn't flown yet, either. It is doing test runs on the ramp, though.

I think its about 15 years behind schedule :)

Look at the engines....are they recontra-rotating propellers?

look to the propelers, they looks like are in another direction one from other...

yes, the 2 on each wing turn opposite dirs. to cancel torque.

Damn, what a Frankenplane! Like Nesher said, it looks like a C-130 and a C-17 got busy in the back hangar and this came up! Looks pretty big for a turboprop, must have crazy efficiency.

Bah! I still remember the stink Airbus caused when the Canadian Armed Forces chose the C-17.....

Airbus: "We can do everything a C-17 can do and better"

CAF: "Can you deliver them within 24 months?"

Airbus: "Welllllll"

We've got our four already and they've been to Afganistan and back probably a dozen times by now.

I think the only problem the armed forces has is that they can't get 4 more.

That Airbus POS still hasn't got off the ground.

Sorry for the Airbus hatred...I've had one too many rides in the A319

I think its about 15 years behind schedule :)

As usual. :wink:

No. It's no different than any other two + crew aircraft where the Captain would have their left hand on the yoke/stick and right hand on the power/thrust levers and the First Officer would have the right hand on the yoke/stick and left hand on the power/thrust levers. It's not difficult at all.

Damn, what a Frankenplane!

LOLOL :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Frankenplane :haha::haha:

Moron AB near Seville.

Is that for real?? Or are u $hitting me? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

You've never heard of Moron AB in Spain? Seeing how much closer you are to it than I am I would think you WOULD know about it! The other one I know there is Zaragoza AB. Both are emergency shuttle landing facilities, not that they've ever been used for such a mission, fortunately.