Sign in to follow this  
Dasas

Help finding a terrain mod

I haven't posted in awhile I am looking for a terrain where you can takeoff and land on an Aircraft carrier.

does anyone know where one is?

I haven't posted in awhile I am looking for a terrain where you can takeoff and land on an Aircraft carrier.

does anyone know where one is?

you can use any terrain, since it have Sea.....

you need to use an mission editor to take of from a carrier, or fly in campaings for WOV....btw , comrpnt had released some missions that you can takeoff from carriers.

Edited by Silverbolt

Well, most terrains have carrier location entries, so when you have carriers installed, you can use them. The problem is, carriers only appear in campaigns and scripted missions.

I for myself would recommend JSF_Aggie´s Harrier 2 campaign, wich is set on the stock Strike Fighters Project 1 desert terrain.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5390

If you own Wings over Vietnam/Europe it won´t work, but there are plenty of campaigns and missions featuring carriers. Just cruise through the D/L section.

Wheres a mission editor so I can add a carrier and also where do I download a carrier so I can use it?

Wheres a mission editor so I can add a carrier and also where do I download a carrier so I can use it?

Have you checked the downloads section? Would be my guess.... :blink::haha::biggrin:

I downloaded a map editor its called KMD. I have read the readme, but I don't understand how to make it where I can take off from an aircraft carrier

I downloaded a map editor its called KMD. I have read the readme, but I don't understand how to make it where I can take off from an aircraft carrier

1) First off, You must keep two things in mind before you begin:

A) You cannot launch from a carrier in a randomly (system generated) mission.

B) You can only do so from a scrited (loadable) mission.

2) You need to download and install a carrier (SF & WoE, WoV comes with two carrier types by default)

3) You need to create a mission that includes that carrier, and you must set it as your starting point.

Now, what title are you working with? SF, WoV, or WoE?

there is also this editor:

http://www.checksix-fr.com/bibliotheque/in...ail&ID=4496

with tutorial:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5092

i hope this was usefull :yes:

1) First off, You must keep two things in mind before you begin:

A) You cannot launch from a carrier in a randomly (system generated) mission.

B) You can only do so from a scrited (loadable) mission.

2) You need to download and install a carrier (SF & WoE, WoV comes with two carrier types by default)

3) You need to create a mission that includes that carrier, and you must set it as your starting point.

Now, what title are you working with? SF, WoV, or WoE?

I am using SFP1 I figured out how to add a carrier and to take off from one, but I'm not good at mission editing.

The aircraft I want to use is F-8B Cursader...and the other models, but I put in the waypoints and enemy aircraft. Then I load the mission and it says the mission in complete.

Edited by Dasas

I am using SFP1 I figured out how to add a carrier and to take off from one, but I'm not good at mission editing.

The aircraft I want to use is F-8B Cursader...and the other models, but I put in the waypoints and enemy aircraft. Then I load the mission and it says the mission in complete.

Did you set the objective IDs?