Sign in to follow this  
SayethWhaaaa

What an absolute crock of sh....

They're just a bunch of brats that are in need a good pistol whipping, IMHO. Can't discern between fiction and reality my azz!

Couldnt agree more...and EVEN IF you cant tell the difference between reality and some game, you dont need to play games nor watch tv...

Hm.... sounds like parenting failed here for these kids. I never once tried to re-inact a viloent scene from a movie or a video game when I was a kid (although, when I was 11, I thought I could re-inact Street Hawk with my bike, trying to jump over a bunch of moving skateboards.... totally forgot about the helmet :rolleyes: ) . Anyways, what kept me inline was some damn good parenting from my folks. My dad wasn't afraid to discipline me when I acted out. However, my folks went a bit lighter on my younger sister. The results today of the differences of how I was raised compared to my sis are like night and day. Not trying to talk down on her, but her ability to use "common-sense" isn't as fine tuned as mine. She has this perception of, "the world revolves around me", syndrome and is totally oblivious to it. Quite frustrating. :shout:

Edited by serverandenforcer

It's losers like that who make the world worse for the rest of us. I hate the way that the world is blamed for things that should never have happened if the kids had decent parents, like the ongoing video game struggle or even the recent removal of handles off of ice cream tubs because a 4-year old strangled themselves to death on one while their parents were who-knows-where.

but her ability to use "common-sense" isn't as fine tuned as mine. She has this perception of, "the world revolves around me"

Funny, I have the same sister, oh and wife too. :biggrin:

cheers. :good:

Great, now we have to hear another rant from jack thompson....at least he's getting disbarred. Stupid kids once again give another case for PFBE (parents for bland entertainment)

I've been playing games with wanton violence from a far more impressionable age. Still wouldn't hurt a fly(ok actually I would, but not a person) unless me or someone else was in danger.

today's kids... :\

sometimes smacking your child in the head in not only an option but a necessity!

Edited by Nesher

that's why you have to play with you kid saying what isnt cool to do, like....humm.. take a gun and shot at will...

that's why you have to play with you kid saying what isnt cool to do, like....humm.. take a gun and shot at all...

When I was little there were things I could not watch and there were things I could. When I got out of line I either got the "belt" or I got things taken away from me. Those kid's parents are to blame for not giving them a good "wall to wall" counseling session.

I believe this why so-called generation X and Y are fully of clueless and mindless brats who can not and will not think forthemselves (they let the Entertainment/Celebrity world do their thinking for them.) They learn from when they are childern...

"You do wrong"...blame someone else

"You screw up"... blame someone else

"You do not get your way"...then blame someone else

"You break something of value"...don't worry daddy will buy a new one

Beat your kids and or put them in time out...that will settle half of society's problems right there. Even todays young boys have turned into "daddy's girls".

When I was little there were things I could not watch and there were things I could. When I got out of line I either got the "belt" or I got things taken away from me. Those kid's parents are to blame for not giving them a good "wall to wall" counseling session.

I believe this why so-called generation X and Y are fully of clueless and mindless brats who can not and will not think forthemselves (they let the Entertainment/Celebrity world do their thinking for them.) They learn from when they are childern...

"You do wrong"...blame someone else

"You screw up"... blame someone else

"You do not get your way"...then blame someone else

"You break something of value"...don't worry daddy will buy a new one

Beat your kids and or put them in time out...that will settle half of society's problems right there. Even todays young boys have turned into "daddy's girls".

An inconvenient truth...same goes for Nesher

Edited by i90807065

Kids today hey! - kids are no different than they have always been IMO - there have always been parents without morals, social misfits etc - thats never gonna change - just prey your not on the receiving end tis all.

The environment they grow up in is a determining factor - every one is born with a clean slate - Most Films and computer games are unrealistic fantasy in every way - so if kids are not exposed to reality then they may be deluded by it - could by why that when I was in my teens I seemed to think I knew everything but actually knew sweet FA - didnt go on a rampage though - was probably subdued by too much TV - and my role in society - which was buying things I didnt need :good:

GTA has no morals - thats plain to see - who knows if games really influence people - I used to think lyrics in pop songs meant something - (as oposed to them being written down in 3 mins by a drunk tw@) so maybe - and if they really were influenced by GTA etc then society has to put up with it.

An actual beating is abuse, but a good smack is perfectly fine. I remember we called my little brother "whackable" becaue he did something almost hourly earning himself a smack.

An actual beating is abuse, but a good smack is perfectly fine. I remember we called my little brother "whackable" becaue he did something almost hourly earning himself a smack.

Pardon my grammar but...

"No it aint..."

Taking leather, wet towel, or a switch (tree limb) a$$ is all perfectly fine, doing it excessively and unwarranted it the problem.

Whipping your kid for spilling milk (or even getting angry at him/her for it) is wrong

Whipping your kid for shooting the dog, setting the house on fire, or bringing drugs home isn't...

I got actual beatings on the rare occasion, when I did stuff that I knew and everyone knew was wrong (premeditated and seriously wrong).

I got "smacked" or put in time out for things like cursing or talking back.

All in perspective... :biggrin:

Now on the second part

off course, kids will be kids, and kids just want to have fun and play. Kids have not changed since the beginning of time, they have and will always be hyper active, they will always get into stuff, and they will always push limits. But....since society has changed...it is still up to the parents (not government, non-profit, or some pseudo doctor on TV) to teach them what those limits are (as far as behavior goes), what is right and what is wrong, how to think for themselves and how to be responsible for themselves and own up.

Entities like the government can and should set guidelines but not do the job that parents have to.

Edited by ironroad

Guest pfunkmusik

You guys presume any kind of parenting is going on here.

After teaching for six years, the majority of parents...don't.

There are some shining examples, though, of those who do. Wanna know who attends more of my teacher/parent conferences? Parents of immigrant children and parents who happen to be military servicemen.

Those two groups have the most well-behaved and smartest children EVER. And, if I ever have a problem, all I have to do is make one phone call and the problem goes AWAY.

pfunk

You guys presume any kind of parenting is going on here.

After teaching for six years, the majority of parents...don't.

I'd have to second that a bit. When I used to work in Libraries, lots of parents would use us as a makeshift childcare centre. One mother in particular dropped her kids off to go shopping one night and didn't pick them up until almost 10. (we closed at 7!)

And Ironroad, I'm gen Y and I'm not a complete douche... It's your fault! :tounge: jk

I personally love the response from 9:38am today:

"I totally agree with the Cops. I was at a club and these 2 italian plumbers started jumping on peoples heads."