Sign in to follow this  
Rambler 1-1

Let's see who's on the ball...

Kudos to whoever can figure out what happened here. I can tell you it sure was interesting.

post-28461-1214634684_thumb.jpg

The F-111 carries Sidewinders doesnt it :close_tema:

Ram attack?

(I killed a few MiGs by ramming - but not on purpose :blush2: )

..then again, you might have fired a large AGM on a target that was right below the poor low flying mig and it took it out...

you decided to to show us a screen shot?

pretty much.

And no, it wasn't a 'winder or a ram kill (even though I took out the other MiG earlier with a 'winder). In typical "Rambler" fashion, I took a great plane and fooled with it, in this case the Vark team's F-111F. I mounted a gun pod and made it the ultimate attack plane. I was originally gonna try to figure out where an internal gun would go, but the pod works okay, aside from the fact that you have to aim with the base of the HUD, 'cause the gun fires low.

post-28461-1214678501_thumb.jpg

post-28461-1214678509_thumb.jpg

Would be impressed - but in reality is there any plane you couldnt put a gun on and win against a Mig in WOV?

TK needs to hire the Ace Mig-29 pilot from Falcon 4 - then the only place that F-111 will be going is very fast at low level praying you can outrun him :ninja:

Edited by MigBuster

it actually took a while to down this guy, I've got FM and AI on Hard with the superAI upgrade. The hardest part was lining up for the gun shot, though, 'cause the thing shoots down, not straight.

Also, I need the F-14 sounds to complete this thing, but I can't download the F-14 from anywhere to get the sounds, it's possessed with all manner of demons.

What sounds are they is that USNstall etc?

Yeah I have everything up to the max with the mod - but changes nothing - you would have to run Falcon to see what I mean. :moil:

yeah, I guess you're right... I really wanna try Falcon just to see how good it really is.

yeah, and the sounds are USNstall and friends... I'm not sure which ones exactly, because I overwrote the original data.ini to put in J-75 sounds as an interm fix... I'd still like to use the real sounds though.

yeah, I guess you're right... I really wanna try Falcon just to see how good it really is.

yeah, and the sounds are USNstall and friends... I'm not sure which ones exactly, because I overwrote the original data.ini to put in J-75 sounds as an interm fix... I'd still like to use the real sounds though.

Hey Rambler, its hard to find a good video or audio for sampling a good genuine TF-30 Sound :dntknw: .

Hope to find it soon :good: .

Alex

Well, thanks to Coolhand- er, MigBuster, I now have the required sounds for my FrankenVark! IOU1, Buster.

Edit- Oops, sorry modders, this was supposed to be in the SFP1 General Discussion area. I didn't realise it was in the pub! (*runs and hides before USAFDave or other big scary admin comes in to appy discepline*)

Edited by Rambler 1-1

The F-111's internal gun was mounted on the belly, very far back from the nose. Roughly where you see that pod in the image. However, the ones that had it pretty much never used it and many models didn't have it. Standard M61A1, AFAIK.