Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Mirage Factory A-7C/E Corsair II

Silly Question:

I can't turn on the radar in any of the new corsairs, Thirdwire models are ok, anybody know why that would be?

Silly Question:

I can't turn on the radar in any of the new corsairs, Thirdwire models are ok, anybody know why that would be?

Has to do with the Avionics files that the radar uses. I guess it's been set up for WOI. I also don't have radar as I'm using WOV. Apparently, there is a patch in the works for other than WOI games that will bring them up to WOI standards. After that, it shouldn't be a problem.

If you're running WOI, I have no idea.

Edited by gbnavy61

Has to do with the Avionics files that the radar uses. I guess it's been set up for WOI. I also don't have radar as I'm using WOV. Apparently, there is a patch in the works for other than WOI games that will bring them up to WOI standards. After that, it shouldn't be a problem.

If you're running WOI, I have no idea.

Ahhh... I see. Where can I find more info on that patch?

I should have mentioned I was running WOV.

Ahhh... I see. Where can I find more info on that patch?

I should have mentioned I was running WOV.

TK is working on a patch that will bring SFP1/WOV/WOE up to WOI standard and it will be released in about 'two weeks'.

So A-7C and A did not have huds? Intersting history lessons; I thouhgt first operational hud was f-14's. Makes a-7 an even more hisorical and important plane, having intoduced such an important feautyre as hud that helps pilots so much. Shame that after more than 40 years, HUDs are not present on all commercial aircrafts

A-7A and B did not, A-7C is is an A-7E without the Spey engine, so it does. (Remember, A-7C was developed after A-7E as a stopgap during an engine shortage.)

A-7A and B did not, A-7C is is an A-7E without the Spey engine, so it does. (Remember, A-7C was developed after A-7E as a stopgap during an engine shortage.)

thanks column, I had not understood that a7C came after A7E. As I wrote before I was positive F-14 was the first HUD equipped aircraft. Must have been quite the sensation in SEA when A7E and D were deployed with a gadget like the HUD, which we take for granted nowadays..

thanks column, I had not understood that a7C came after A7E. As I wrote before I was positive F-14 was the first HUD equipped aircraft. Must have been quite the sensation in SEA when A7E and D were deployed with a gadget like the HUD, which we take for granted nowadays..

Yes, the history is a little murky but I believe it is correct to say that the A-7D was the first regular production aircraft with a HUD. I think the Brits were the first to develop an experimental HUD and fly an aircraft equipped with it. Might have been for the TSR.2 but I can't remember. In fact, now that I think about it I think the TSR.2 HUD was developed and flown in a modified Hunter in the early 60s.

I'm getting a error it says; Objects\aircraft\A-7C_MF\cockpit\A-7E_MF\cockpit.LOD file contains invalid data

Glad to see it wasn't only me! Redownloading......

Yeah good thing I can't play WOI or I'd be flying this too :(

Worked on the second d/l, and now I have this excellent mod -- thanks MF!

"it will be released in about 'two weeks'."

when does the clock start?

:rofl::haha::biggrin:

Guest USNadpc

Wow, Thanks. After boot camp, AD school in Millington and VA-174 initiation I spent 2 years with the Waldos. I was there during the transition from Hi-vis to Lo-vis (81-83). Although I didn't like the Lo-vis very much I understood why. When we went to Barbados for work-ups a few A/C were still "pre-chicken" and had the blue and yellow stripe. Some were "chicken" and a few were transitioned to Lo-vis before and during the med cruise.

AC301PC-1.jpgTrap.jpg

1stshackontheIke.jpg

MarkandMe.jpg

That's me in the foreground.

Thanks!!!!

Yes, the history is a little murky but I believe it is correct to say that the A-7D was the first regular production aircraft with a HUD. I think the Brits were the first to develop an experimental HUD and fly an aircraft equipped with it. Might have been for the TSR.2 but I can't remember. In fact, now that I think about it I think the TSR.2 HUD was developed and flown in a modified Hunter in the early 60s.

First regular production aircraft with a HUD is probably the Buccaneer or the A-5 Vigilante, both of which predate the A-7 some 10 years.

img00003al4.jpg Edited by TheEdge

First regular production aircraft with a HUD is probably the Buccaneer or the A-5 Vigilante, both of which predate the A-7 some 10 years.

I don't think either of thise aircraft had a HUD in the sense that we think about it today. They certainly couldn't project targeting information, and probably not navigation info from the INS either.

@ Edge, I need to host that on c5...