Sign in to follow this  
Akmatov

Killing Radar Display in top right corner?

Kind of silly and gamey to have this stuck in the corner when I have a radar display in the cockpit.

Advise appreciated.

Yes. it is possible to remove it many of us have done it. Check the knowledge base or do a "search" to find the info i cant remember where i put the info when i did it.

Edited by Viper6

Thanks for the fast reply.

Perhaps I should have also asked HOW?

I'd like to do it.

There is a cockpit data .ini edit that you do to remove it but i can't remember the name of the item that you remove.

Thanks, that gives me a starting point

Actually, it's a HUDData.ini edit and the whole procedure IS in the Knowledge Base. Don't forget to pick up the CatExtractor tool, here in the Utilities downloads section -- you're gonna be needing it!

Remember:

The Knowledge Base Is Your Friend!!!

I'd like to kindly suggest spending a LOT of time in there, reading the various threads that have 98.6% of all fixes.

Enjoy! :wink:

Wrench

kevin stein

Thanks Wrench. I looked for about 15 minutes and didn't find anything before I asked - still getting used to the forum. Found an answer over in SimHQ and was just realizing I would need a tool to get in to make the change. Looks like you gave me the stuff I need to get in and 'fix' things.

Thanks a lot

Akmatov

Mission Accomplished.

If anyone else stumbles across this post, here is the info:

From: Initial Setup and Mod Guide and Editing Notes, By Chip and Charles - found under 'For those new to Third Wire'

Universal Modifications and Utilities

Download and install the SFP1E extractor utility. Occasionally, you will need to extract a file from what is known a .CAT file to effect a modification or kill a bug. It really takes more time to explain it than do it. Trust me.

Optional: To remove the radar display in the upper right hand corner of the screen during flight when the HUD Display is set in Normal mode, Extract the HUDDATA.INI file from \Flight\FlightData.cat. Edit with Notepad the following section as given to change the Width= and Height= to 0. Personal preference for sure, but that radar in the sky really mucks up screen shots and video captures. Your eyes should be scanning for bandits anyway.

Change this:

[Display004]

DisplayType=RADAR

PosX=0.865

PosY=0.015

Width=0.125

Height=0.16666667

Alpha=0.60

InitTime=2.0

To this:

[Display004]

DisplayType=RADAR

PosX=0.865

PosY=0.015

Width=0

Height=0

Alpha=0.60

InitTime=2.0

The utility you need is called SFP1E Extract Utility and is on page 5 of the Utilities/Mods directory under Downloads

An alternate method I have not found in the KB is to simply delete the HUD data sections that are not needed. Works just fine.

Or, to lose all that "arcade" stuff cluttering up the display, fire up your game, go to the options/gameplay settings and set HUD on "hard."

Voila :wink::biggrin: