what, you think I'd do Casey Jones and him too???? :rofl:

hunters-2.jpg

hunters-3.jpg

Soon to arrive In Theatre, for the F-86E

Wrench

kevin stein

what, you think I'd do Casey Jones and him too???? :rofl:

Wrench,

Found my copy of 'The Hunters' and watched it again. Robert Mitchum was perfectly cast as the fearless "Iceman", Chris Saville. Looking forward to putting the crap shooter up against the Iceman. Of course, then you'd have to have Pell in there sneaking in front of Maj Saville for a shot. Saville had 7 kill markings under his cockpit and added two more in the final flight scene when he bailed to look after Lt No-Balls.

What a great flick.

Really nice work from you too.

Thanks ahead of time.

Jug

Edited by Jug

The kill marks are generated automatically via the decal ini, and are based upon YOUR -the players- kills. Still having a problem getting them to show up. I know I've got the right mesh, but they're just not there. Still fiddling. They should be about level with the windscreen/canopy break, 6-8 inches below the canopy line. Could be my 596 confirmed kills are too much for the game - there's only 100 kill decals!!

As for pilots, you'll see everyone that was named in the movie (watch the scence where Cleve goes into the ops shed, and the sargent is writing on the chalk board), plus folks from the production staff (director, writer -gotta have Salter!-, the 2 USAF advisors, etc) Plus the usual suspects - yup, I'll be showing up! Along with The Great & Power Zur; he gets a name too!!! Might as well, it's HIS airplane!!! All the serial and buzz numbers are right from the film (well, the first 14 anyway), so 140 is correct for Cleve Seville (excepting in the Showdown Sequence, he's flying 482 -- whatever!)

Gotta love DVDs and the super clear pause function!!

Just wait till you see the companion Panther -- I've redone the VF-192 'Golden Dragon' skin as seen in the movie 'Bridges at Toko-ri'.

Yeah, my life IS that boring...... :haha::wink:

Wrench

kevin stein

Very nice Wrench! And how about the "IL-10" (well, a modded IL-2 in fact) you have workin in?

I've finished re-skinning the IL-2 for NK; just need to do up some bort numbers. Unless noone really cares, and we just use the stock red ones??? I've got about half of the stock Red Soviet numbers repainted to a very light (almost white) gray.

Then just permissions so's I can upload it. Data/loadout, etc ini edits all use stock Soviet weapons (WP, Soviet attachements)

You'd still need to have the original Stromo for the mod (lods, cockpit, etc)

I wish we could have the real IL-10 "Beast", instead of the IL-2 ''Bark". But, hey, it's a believalbe mod (kinda sorta)

Wrench

kevin stein

I want my nick to be David "Hung-like-a-rhino" Zurawski...

:rolleyes:

... Hope my wife doesn't read this... I still have her convined:

[---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------] = 12-inches

:biggrin:

Hey Kevin. Nice job. The question came up on the FE forum about matching pilot skins (faces) to specific aircraft, ie. MVR in his red DR 1. Is that what you are doing or does the face appear in all F-86s in game?

edit...in other words do you have to make a copy of each plane to get the skins to match or is there another way to do it?

Unfortunately, we're still stuck with one pilot figure per aircraft. Meaning, in this example, I'm using Diego's KUSAF02 (blue suit) in the F-86E-15. So, ALL E-15s have this dude.

Converserly, the F-86F has Pilot0L, so all the Fs have the same guy. I really wish it was like decals, so you can assign specific pilots to specific numbered aircraft . In "The Hunters", each of the cast members had their own distinctive helmets.

BTW, recently discoverd the character "Jackson" (wearing a light blue helmet) that replaces Corona in Cobra Flight, is Robert Reed, from "The Brady Bunch"!!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

Weeeeellllll....this is what I got for ya, Zur....

hunters-4_zur.jpg

I could probably re-do it, and add 'Rhino', but the damn text has to be soooo small to fit the canopy rail. Do it as a larger base; maybe 256x, then shrink it down, maybe???? I"ll experiment. After all, we DO gotta make the builder happy! :good: Sure you wouldn't want it to say 'Mule' (as in hung like a...)????? :rofl: BTW, DanW has one too.

You'll all note the misplaced kill markings...just have to dial in that decal a little more forward & down, write the readme, etc. Hopefully, in the next few days.

I'll be releasing it as a full aircraft; it's basically a reskin of Bob "howling1'' Hauser's F-86E-10, that still availabe at AvSim. I think it'll be easier as a full release. I did, however, 'borrow' Tazkiller's landing light positions from his Sabre Pak ... those have been driving me nuts for a while. Never could get them quite right. Now, the are!!

I also fixed the decals/decals ini from the 'USAFSilver1' skin that came with it, as well.

Wrench

kevin stein

Unfortunately, we're still stuck with one pilot figure per aircraft. Meaning, in this example, I'm using Diego's KUSAF02 (blue suit) in the F-86E-15. So, ALL E-15s have this dude.

Converserly, the F-86F has Pilot0L, so all the Fs have the same guy. I really wish it was like decals, so you can assign specific pilots to specific numbered aircraft . In "The Hunters", each of the cast members had their own distinctive helmets.

BTW, recently discoverd the character "Jackson" (wearing a light blue helmet) that replaces Corona in Cobra Flight, is Robert Reed, from "The Brady Bunch"!!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

Well one way you could do it, as I alluded to, is make several copies of each aircraft, rename them to say F-86E-15 Seville etc, make the appropriate skin the default for each plane, then point each aircraft to its specific custom pilot skin in the Data.ini. Then in the loadout screen in the game you can replace each plane in your squadron with the individual planes with the custom pilots. I have done this sort of thing, not with custom pilots but with different plane types, in First Eagles for "captured" planes so there can be a captured Camel with iron crosses in a flight of Fokkers or you can mix plane types in the same flight. This only works for the "friendly" side but it does work. I don't know why it wouldn't for the same plane type with custom pilot skins. Of course I haven't tested this specific scenario...just an idea that may work. :dntknw:

edit...of course there will be some drawbacks with the randomly generated flights. You could have another supporting flight show up in game where all the pilots are Seville or something like that. Setting the availability to RARE should help reduce such occurrences. When I don't want to fly with the captured plane I just rename it (put an X in the filename) and the game won't recognize it.

Guest Tazkiller

Wonerful Work!!!!!!!!!!

LoL, Should be very very silly see my name in a Sabre o/

Yuri "Silverbolt" (haha a communist sabre pilot!)

o/ i'll try do this later

Well, the last 4 slots are still empty, and I'm including the "PName.bmp", so everyone is welcome to make them on their own.

The numbers.lst shows ONLY the characters/production staff's names (director, writer, tech advisors, producer, music composer, etc)

This IS the actual number.lst from the 54th FIW skin folder:

FU-107 - Col Imil

FU-498 - Capt V.Wright

FU-038 - Lt. J.Salter

FU-985 - Lt.P.Sawtell

FU-527 -

FU-140 - Maj C.Saville

FU-425 - Lt C.Abbot

FU-734 - Lt. E.Pell

FU-413 - Lt. Corona

FU-524 -

FU-482 - LtCol Monclavige

FU-516 -

FU-027 -

FU-498 -

FU-407 -

FU-363 - Lt. R.Jackson

FU-364 - Capt.T.Dillard

FU-365 - Lt.J.Alazar

FU-366 - Capt.J.Logan

FU-367 - Capt.W.Rice

FU-368 - Lt.P.Martin

FU-369 - Maj.R.Powell

FU-370 - Maj.R.Wayne

FU-371 -

FU-372 -

FU-373 -

FU-374 -

FU-375 -

FU-376 -

Like I said, the last 4, 373-376 have no associated PName decal, soo.....

Those not listed are the "usual suspects'' -- folks from around CombatAce, friends/family, etc. You can be damn sure my name shows up!!! :haha:

Bonus points for IDing who's who from the production staff :biggrin: You can use IMDB if you have to...or the DVD (btw, some are uncredited actors/staff)

Just don't change the 'historical' names -- it'll detract from the whole package.

Wrench

kevin stein

I set a flight up with First Eagles using a copy of a DR 1 set up to be MVRs plane and added a custom pilot from an earlier mod and it works. So if you wanted to I think you could set up a flight of pilots and planes with unique helmet colors that correspond to aircraft numbers. Yeah, its a workaround with the anomalies I noted but.... :biggrin:

Wrench

kevin stein

Cool!

Your pic even looks like I'm admiring your handy work....

We can stick with D.Zurawski... No need getting al the female virtual pilots over-heated. :biggrin: