Sign in to follow this  
Rambler 1-1

Can't download Mirage Factory planes

Well, this stated with the F-14s. I couldn't download them so I found a comprimise. But then I tried to download the Jaguar and it didn't work either, same problem as both tomcats. I tied all the from both here and column5, but they all gave me an error warning telling me to "Make sure that the disk is not protected" while my antivirus informed me that it detected "Adware.Win32.Eshoper" and had to "Quarentine" the file. I tried the MF F-16 Block 10 IDF, and it downloaded fine.

I'm gonna continue to try different MF planes, but I've got a hunch that it's only the non-high-def planes that I can't download, which is a bother because a) the planes I want are not high-def, and b) even if I wanted to, I can't run high-def on low-preformance computer.

If any MF insiders could shed some light on this situation, I would be forever in your debt if I'm not already from using your planes.

Just pause your antivirus while you download and extract the planes, then turn it back on.

What kind of anti-virus software do you use?

The best software is believe it or not FREE.

I'd seriously consider removing your old costly AV software and go to: http://free.grisoft.com/

I'll bet your problems go away after that. ;)

i've just got shaw antivirus, it's part to the package we get for internet. Do you think that turning it off will get rid of the error message?

also, the F-84 downloaded fine, so my guess was wrong. It looks like it's jsut the tomcats and the jaguar. Maybe my comp has something against felines.

i've just got shaw antivirus, it's part to the package we get for internet. Do you think that turning it off will get rid of the error message?

also, the F-84 downloaded fine, so my guess was wrong. It looks like it's jsut the tomcats and the jaguar. Maybe my comp has something against felines.

I think turning it off temporarily will let you download and install the aircraft. You are the second person today who has had this problem. I believe that a new virus definition released recently is detecting something in those files that it interprets as a virus, even though it is not. Virus scanners look for patterns in files that match patterns found in known viruses, and in this case it is just making a mistake.

yep, that did the trick. I'm now the happy pilot of yet another A+ aircraft, despite the fact that the dictators at Shaw are no doubt plotting my untimely demise because I undermined their beloved foolproff antivirus progarm.

Spoke too soon!

I downloaded the F-14 and it went fine, but now my antivirus is back up and it won't let me shut it down again. When I click "Allow all network traffic", which is what worked last time, it informs me that it cannot preform this action. Even worse, I don't like the Jag with the Avionics70 HUD, and I can't get the original with this stupid antivirus!!! Also, it gave me the same error report that says the file cannot be copied because it is protected, and it won't let me save it. CURSE YOU, SHAW!!!!

Wow that sounds like an internet security suite and not just anti-virus. :blink:

Man that is some crazy stuff.

it's really strange, this has never happened before. Oh well, I'll keep trying to get it going tomorrow.

If you didn't have a problem in the past w/ the antivirus, and you do now was there an update and then this started.

Surprised the AV software wont allow you to authorise the file as being valid - so it will ignore it

Maybe the computers going "rouge" it's only a matter of time before it tries to take over the world. :fie:

Maybe the computers going "rouge" it's only a matter of time before it tries to take over the world. :fie:

Even if my computer decided to go "rogue", it wouldn't be too much of a threat, seeing as it lags running "Pinball".

Anyway, I'm rather reluctant to keep probing to find a way around the shaw antivirus thing... When I right click on the icon it gives me a bunch of useless options and then one that says "Unload and allow all network traffic". I'm not sure if I should do that, seeing as I don't want to kill it for good and have shaw come after me with a "Contract Violation" charge or something.

I have a little problem also, i can download from MF but when i run the application everything installs but when i go to play it, it doesn't show up in my aircraft list. When i had XP on my old computer i had no problems. But now i have Vista and cant seem to get the planes i love.

I have a little problem also, i can download from MF but when i run the application everything installs but when i go to play it, it doesn't show up in my aircraft list. When i had XP on my old computer i had no problems. But now i have Vista and cant seem to get the planes i love.

Follow my instructions in the KB. Also never install to your C drive with any 3rd Wire sim with Vista. Do what I do and put it on the desktop in its own folders. That way you can install anything and mod anything with Vista stopping you. Trackin'?

Follow my instructions in the KB. Also never install to your C drive with any 3rd Wire sim with Vista. Do what I do and put it on the desktop in its own folders. That way you can install anything and mod anything with Vista stopping you. Trackin'?

Not too sure Dave since i am not good with this computer stuff. Let me play around a bit and i'll get back to you. Thanks